Terry Francona sucks!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlashGordon
    Oh, come now. Being the King of Rhode Island would be much better, although it still wouldn't buy the Sox a playoff spot this year. And it still wouldn't make Francona look like a genius.
    While I might still rather lead the NL West than have any authority over Rhode Island, you'll get no argument from me on Francona's managerial intellect.
    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Here's an article about Francona from today's Globe. It provides food for thought, that's for certain.

Season Exacts a Toll
      --Annie
      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
      Remember Yellowdog
      ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by SoxSon
        After watching this season, I'm wondering how we can steal Joe Girardi.
        Want a player revolt at Fenway, do you? Like Manny would cut off his dreads and shave for this anal-retentive jerk?
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDL
          Want a player revolt at Fenway, do you? Like Manny would cut off his dreads and shave for this anal-retentive jerk?

Girardi knows how to carve out wins with a limited arsenal. That would seem to fit the bill, at least this season.

That being said, my earlier comment about Girardi was tongue-in-cheek, as evidenced by the winking smiley.
          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by SoxSon
            After watching this season, I'm wondering how we can steal Joe Girardi.

Well Girardi is officially unemployed, but it looks like Francona is sticking around at least one more year.
            "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Originally posted by maximum jack
              So who would the ideal manager for the Red Sox be, if not Francona?
              I know his age, (72 next season) is a factor, but Felipe Alou just became available, as the Giants have let him go after 4 years.

The question is, would he be better able to handle Manny, assuming Manny was still in a Red Sox uni next year? Also assuming Alou still wants to manage.

Thoughts?
              Ken :gt

Comment

Originally posted by Kdub Red Sox Fan 4Life
                I know his age, (72 next season) is a factor, but Felipe Alou just became available, as the Giants have let him go after 4 years.

The question is, would he be better able to handle Manny, assuming Manny was still in a Red Sox uni next year? Also assuming Alou still wants to manage.

Thoughts?
                While I'd love to have input from some Giants fans on this, I have the impression that Alou has been fundamentally passive as of late. I could definitely be wrong, though.

Comment

can we place a little more of the blame on theo..after all he said the team was built for 07...

Comment

oh God you guys are suicidel because you missed the playoffs for one year how do you think i feek...im a Jays fan for Christ sakes do you know how often we make the playoffs....not since 1993 long time but whatever i try to focus more on AAA baseball even though the Chiefs suck

Comment

Originally posted by GO-SKYCHIEFS-GO
                      oh God you guys are suicidel because you missed the playoffs for one year how do you think i feek...im a Jays fan for Christ sakes do you know how often we make the playoffs....not since 1993 long time but whatever i try to focus more on AAA baseball even though the Chiefs suck
                      Tone it down, big guy. No one's suicidal.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X