Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Stove stuff...

out of SI this morning...

The centerpiece of a deal for Boston's Manny Ramirez, coming from the Mets' side, would be center fielder Mike Cameron and two of the following three prospects: outfielder Lastings Milledge and right-handers Aaron Heilman and Yusmeiro Petit

Anyone have info or thoughts on this?

Originally posted by Boston Boxer
    out of SI this morning...

The centerpiece of a deal for Boston's Manny Ramirez, coming from the Mets' side, would be center fielder Mike Cameron and two of the following three prospects: outfielder Lastings Milledge and right-handers Aaron Heilman and Yusmeiro Petit

Anyone have info or thoughts on this?
    Saw the same thing on the Boston Herald's website...This would pretty much guarantee that Damon does not return IMO...

Comment

Hey you two..wanna get in on this one?

http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=35977

Thanks, Troy
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

any thoughts on this gem...i would love to get Beckett and Lowell, but i think we are giving up a lilttle too much. If Lowell could return to form, i just might jump on this...thoughts

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2232211

Comment

Boston Boxer has requested that this thread be stickied, and so it shall be, until Spring Training.

Any and all Hot Stove talk welcome and encouraged here! :gt
          --Annie
          Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
          Remember Yellowdog
          ABNY

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Trading away Hanley Ramirez and Anibal Sanchez is an outrage to me! I think that Beckett and Lowell are not good enough for Hanley and we don't need a starting pitcher with Lester and Papelbon ready for the show. I hope this trade falls through.

Comment

ok...Lester is not ready for the show. He is projected in 2007, plus, we did not include him in the trade. He is still on the team. Papelbon will be in the rotation this year. We need starting pitching, and Beckett provides that. If Lowell comes back to form, which i expect, he will put up big numbers for us and Florida will pay some of his salary. This is a good trade and we did not give up any great pitching prospects in the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by RamMan12
                  Trading away Hanley Ramirez and Anibal Sanchez is an outrage to me! I think that Beckett and Lowell are not good enough for Hanley and we don't need a starting pitcher with Lester and Papelbon ready for the show. I hope this trade falls through.
                  But look at it this way, Beckett is a good pitcher and Lowell can be good.
                  Cristobal

Comment

But Lowell won't be good. And I know Lester wasn't included; it was Hanley, Sanchez, and Jesus Delgado.

Hanley Ramirez could have been put at 3B to make up for Mueller's absence.

Comment

Why don't you think Lowell will be any good?

Comment

Originally posted by RamMan12
                        But Lowell won't be good. And I know Lester wasn't included; it was Hanley, Sanchez, and Jesus Delgado.

Hanley Ramirez could have been put at 3B to make up for Mueller's absence.

Aside from being a great defensive third baseman, Mike Lowell was built for Fenway Park. He may have another injury-plagued, down season offensively, but then again...there is the potential here for him to really silence his critics this coming season. He is a natural flyball right-handed pull-hitter with power. If he can find some consistency, balls will be bouncing off the Monster with as much frequency as Jim Thome being placed on the DL in Chicago.
                        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Any thoughts out there on the last minute inclusion of Guillermo Mota? I seem to recall from his days with Montreal that he is a very hard thrower. I don't know what kind off-speed stuff he offers, but I do know the Yankees made some inquiries about him.

2007 World Series Champions
                          The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
                            Any thoughts out there on the last minute inclusion of Guillermo Mota? I seem to recall from his days with Montreal that he is a very hard thrower. I don't know what kind off-speed stuff he offers, but I do know the Yankees made some inquiries about him.
                            He is a hard thrower who suffered from some remarkable inconsistency this past season. I seem to recall him sliding into and then sliding out of Florida's closer role. They became exasperated with his inconsistency on the mound.
                            "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
                              It will vastly improve our bullpen, as long as they don't think of him as a potential closer. With him and Timlin setting up, we should dominate the late innings. And if Foulke struggles, Hansen may be ready to step in for him. Mota is a hard thrower 92-94 and also throws a hard sinker and a slider I believe...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X