Hot Stove stuff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by king_ghidora
    Godofwalks hit the nail on the head: this is more about draft picks than any honest intention of retaining BillMill and Graff. I love BillMill, but I suspect that Sox brass intends on starting Lowell, since his contract would be difficult to move, and Mueller could get a starting job just about anywhere. Same with Loretta vs. Graff. Poor Graff -- one error in the ALDS and they up and replace him. But that seems to be the pattern this offeseason with everybody that Theo signed in the last three years.
    Theo also signed a bunch of guys who are starting to show their age and are coming down with "the injury bug"...the only ones who haven't are Ortiz, Timlin, and Arroyo.

Another thing that may be unintentional/intentional is that the guys can now raise their prices elsewhere, possibly costing other teams more than they wanted to spend. That could indirectly help the Red Sox.
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
      Another thing that may be unintentional/intentional is that the guys can now raise their prices elsewhere, possibly costing other teams more than they wanted to spend. That could indirectly help the Red Sox.
      That would be truly devious--bringing in players and letting them peak and leave as FAs so that the payrolls of other teams begin to inflate. That would require an incredible scouting team, some very shrewd bargaining, and more than a little luck. (The "Evil" Icon)

2007 World Series Champions
      The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
        That would be truly devious--bringing in players and letting them peak and leave as FAs so that the payrolls of other teams begin to inflate. That would require an incredible scouting team, some very shrewd bargaining, and more than a little luck. (The "Evil" Icon)
        Evil? Nope, just good business practice. It may work, it may not. No matter what happens the Red Sox come away winners.
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

What do you think of delivering Manny to the Angels for SS Brandon Wood and 1B Kendry Morales ?
          Last edited by Marco; 12-21-2005, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Manny to Philly?

Take this for what it's worth - but a poster named Ilovekurk over at PhilliesPhan is claiming Manny to Philly with Abreu coming to Boston. According to other users of that site, it seems he's been right before on deals ahead of time. Like I said - take this with some caution...

http://www.philliesphans.com/phorum/...er=asc&start=0

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X