X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Lester Diagnosed

It's not good.

rotoworld.com
    Jon Lester has been diagnosed with a treatable form of anaplastic large cell lymphoma and will begin treatment within the coming week.
    The Red Sox didn't say what that treatment would be, but chemotherapy seems likely. Lester's season is obviously over with this news. Hopefully, the chemotherapy takes care of the cancer and he can at least have a normal life soon enough
    Forget pitching, and baseball, because that seems so unimportant, I just hope this kid makes it through it.

bad news. but at least its treatable.

good luck jon!

Comment

I wish him the best of luck and best of health.
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

that's terrible...does anyone know of a place that could explain this specific cancer in non-medical terms? what the cure rate is (it seems to be rather high, thank goodness), how long the treatment tends to take, what the long term effects are?

and of course, best wishes and prayers to jon lester and his family
        Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

I hope he makes it through this all right. I'll be rooting for him.

Comment

Here is another article on JON LESTER's treatable Lymphopma....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14628556/

Hope he knows everyone is pulling for him.

c.

Comment

I wish the best for Jon Lester, and I'll pray for his safety along with others. Please get well soon Les.

Comment

http://www.lymphoma.org/site/pp.asp?c=bfIKIVMIG&b=36832

Comment

So....his career isn't over, is it?
                  2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Not definetely. He's probably out next season though. He needs to go through chemo, and then recuperate, then with him being out for so long he'll have to go back to the minors i'd guess. It's possible that he returns, however it depends on how bad it is, and whether or not they can actually cure it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                      So....his career isn't over, is it?
                      Thats not exactly the point but if he recovers I think his career is fine. Supreme wishes of good luck to him. I hope he is okay.
                      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

tom caron's father died last night, as well.

this is almost getting scary. charlie wagner passed away, john gagne (nesn employee) was killed in a car crash, lester and papi getting serious health scares....downright weird...
                        Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

I shrygged off the Papi health scare because it seemed odd to think too much of it in a sports context. But I was bothered by a guy, who lets us all share in his youthful exuberance and focused skill, being ill.

Now a kid, barely starting to form his life, is stricken with a treatable but life-altering illness. Its Day 1 of Jon Lester, cancer survivor. We all give him the best and hope for a swift recovery.

It reminds me that for all the frustration of the last month, baseball is great. The Sox are my companions through each summer and often into the fall. These are guys I care about, as much as you can for strangers. Its a flawed little family that we all watch with interest and latch onto our favorites. It mirrors life.

And now life has snatched Lester back from a dream of an MLB career and into one in which getting through each year is a wonder. Health issues always get to me, its a helpless feeling to be ill.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                            Thats not exactly the point but if he recovers I think his career is fine. Supreme wishes of good luck to him. I hope he is okay.
                            From what I understand part of the treatment leaves you with a bad back from that point on. So, once we get past the legit health concerns, his career is approaching a most rocky road.

Comment

Oh, my God. PLEASE get through this all right. This is so sad. I'm praying for him.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X