Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone besides me still think we have a shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well chicago and minnesota both did us a favor by losing tonight, let's hope their opponents keep it up and we play the royals the way that we need to. I think we're gonna come out against kansas city with a vengeance, let's hope I'm right. :gt
    Back to being underdogs

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
      Anyone have a guess at how many wins Boston will end up with this season?
      Hopefully enough, It's really hard to say right now because we're playing unconsistantly.

Comment

Originally posted by yankeekiller34BigPapi
        well chicago and minnesota both did us a favor by losing tonight, let's hope their opponents keep it up and we play the royals the way that we need to. I think we're gonna come out against kansas city with a vengeance, let's hope I'm right. :gt
        Well, Chicago and Minnesota both won while we lost on Friday. We've now lost four straight to the Royals. That pretty much sums it up right there. h

Comment

Unfortunately we also lost yesterday , extending our losing streak against the Royals to 5 Games and the Twins and ChiSox won , today's game is a must Win or else , even though our elimination number is 12 , we will clearly be in a place where we will not be able to come back from , it's called watching the Playoffs at Home .
          Last edited by TheKingofKings; 09-10-2006, 05:07 AM.

Comment

The Red Sox are 12 games under .500 since the All-Star Break. They are a whopping 48-64 vs. teams not from the NL or named the Baltimore Orioles. Their team ERA ranks 11th out of 14 in the AL. They've just officially lost a 9-game season series to the Kansas City Royals, the worst team in all of baseball.

I understand the Red Sox recent history of phenomenal comebacks, but this year's team is not good, and it's been over for a while.

Comment

No way I hate to say this but They're gone

Comment

After the series against the Royals, it was over. Sox obviously can't survive without Papelbon either with Timlin closing games, which he can no longer do. Let's not forget how hot the Twins and White Sox have been lately. Doesn't help when they're cruising and you're struggling when you're behide.

Anyway, yeah, lost my hope for the series after watching that Royal series.

Comment

okay, it's over my fellow sox fans, barring a miracle this season is OVAH. I'm optimistic about next year and I'll be happy these playoffs AS LONG as the yanks don't win the Series. I'm pullin for the Mets, RedSox of the West (Dodgers) or even the Padres, but I see the Mets comin out of the NL side. Another subway series would be cool, but hopefully the Yanks don't make it that far. A rematch of '86 would have been nice, but what are you gonna do? Here's to 2007!! GO PATS!!
                  Back to being underdogs

Comment

yep, the east is officially over.

and i don't know the actual standings for the WC, but we're only one game aheadof the blue jays, so if we're gonna consider ourself alive in that race, then we should probably do the same for the blue jays.

i don't wanna finish third. that's all.
                    Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

I'm actually sorry that the divisional race is over. That and the fact that there is a chance only one of the teams will make the playoffs for the first time in three years is a little disappointing.
                      I may be a Yankee fan and hate the Sox. But5 the rivalry loses some of its luster when there is no race.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                      Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

Originally posted by soberdennis
                        I'm actually sorry that the divisional race is over. That and the fact that there is a chance only one of the teams will make the playoffs for the first time in three years is a little disappointing.
                        I may be a Yankee fan and hate the Sox. But5 the rivalry loses some of its luster when there is no race.
                        What the front office started with inaction was given the coup de grace by the hideous string of injuries and illness. Believe me, as much as you might miss the spice of a close rase to the finish, we Sox fans are far, FAR more disappointed.

BUT! Though the Sox may have been eliminated from the division, you may rest assured that we have not lost our postseason rooting interest.
                        --Annie
                        Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                        Remember Yellowdog
                        ABNY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X