Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, Big Papi! In a season that has ultimately been a disappointment, thanks for giving us something to cheer about!

Agreed! Great job, David!
    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Well done Big Papi. He just needs one more to break the season record doesn't he?
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Red Sox, you are the only only only!
      [/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Red Sox Rule
        Well done Big Papi. He just needs one more to break the season record doesn't he?
        I believe that's correct. When he gets #51 the record will be his.

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
          I believe that's correct. When he gets #51 the record will be his.

In my best Baseball Purist voice:

"Wait a minute. Foxx did it in a 154 game schedule, right?"
          "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Originally posted by maximum jack
            In my best Baseball Purist voice:

"Wait a minute. Foxx did it in a 154 game schedule, right?"
            Sure, but the Red Sox haven't played 154 games this season yet. Let them counter that.
            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I think i read somewhere that he tied his own record for HR's in a season by a DH at 43 or something. Can anyone confirm this as i can't remember where i saw the article?
              [/SIZE]

Comment

Congrats, Big Papi! In a season that has ultimately been a disappointment, thanks for giving us something to cheer about!
                Hi, im from Dominican Republic like big papi( my english is not good, sorry)
                here we celebrate the big papi´s 50 HR, this guy is amazing and we are proud for him!and is our MVP for the american leage!! for that i call him GIANT PAPI!!!!

just five latin players do that in a season: Alex rodriguez, Sammy Sosa,Andruw Jones,Luis Gonzalez, and now David Ortiz.

im red sox fan too (im part for red sox nation, like a call it) and every day i try to get knowledge about baisbol history, records...

if you want to know about dominican beisbol fever, just ask

see ya
                Last edited by Dominican Hope; 09-21-2006, 08:07 AM.
                If you can dream it, you can do it

Comment

To a very well-deserving player and human being!

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

my thoughts exactly. he's one of the main reasons i'm so sorry this season has gone down the crapper.

i just think about it...his walkoff homerun on 7/31 was one of the most incredible wins i've ever seen, and i remember thinking that if the red sox won the division, that might go down as my favorite non yankees regular season game of all time.

this guy isn't the scrappy singles hitter most associate with the word, but if he isn't a winner i don't know who is. a shame that his best season ever and his unbelievable heroics are going to waste.
                    Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Originally posted by Dominican Hope
                      here we celebrate the big papi´s 50 HR, this guy is amazing and we are proud for him!and is our MVP for the american leage!! for that i call him GIANT PAPI!!!!

just five latin players do that in a season: Alex rodriguez, Sammy Sosa,Andruw Jones,Luis Gonzalez, and now David Ortiz.

im red sox fan too (im part for red sox nation, like a call it) and every day i try to get knowledge about baisbol history, records...

see ya
                      Welcome to Baseball Fever, Dominican Hope. We have Red Sox fans from all around the world taking part in this discussion; it's nice to have someone from the homeland of Big Papi, Pedro Martinez, and countless other Red Sox players. I myself have friends who own a ranch in the DR.

I was just thinking this morning about how much Ortiz has meant to Red Sox fans this season. In fact, I would say his bat was probably the most instrumental in the 2004 championship run. I have to second Pesky's sentiments. As the season draws to a close without a shot at the playoffs, it's nice to have a reason to tune in.

2007 World Series Champions
                      The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Welcome to the site

see ya
                        [/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                          To a very well-deserving player and human being!

im agree with you

im fan of red sox since 6 years ago!! and always gonna be that way
                          If you can dream it, you can do it

Comment

Welcome, Dominican Hope! Is it a coincidence that your name abbreviates to DH?

Ortiz has meant the world to Sox fans this year. As Don Orsillo said upon one of Papi's inspiring walk-off homers, "How many times can you go to the well?" If the game was within reach when he came to the place, didn't we all feel as if there was a chance, and reason to keep watching?

So, here's to 55 this season, and another ring next year!
                            --Annie
                            Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                            Remember Yellowdog
                            ABNY

Comment

see ya
                              Great hearing this. In addition to this fine Red Sox forum here, which has many very passionate, knowledgeable and intelligent Red Sox fans, please also visit the International forum, which would definitely include players from yours, Big Papi's and Pedro's homeland:

http://www.baseball-fever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

Enjoy your stay here.
                              im agree with you

im fan of red sox since 6 years ago!! and always gonna be that way
                              Sounds great. I can deal with the broken English. You sound like a very good fan. Please describe your love for the Red Sox here and some of your favorite players since your time rooting for the team. You seem like a good person who really loves the game of beisbol.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of you, as you've been officially welcomed by Annie (VTSoxFan) and Flash, two of the BoSox Mods here and excellent long-term Red Sox fans.
                              Last edited by Mattingly; 09-21-2006, 12:06 PM.
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X