Tavarez says Manny wont play again in 06'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tavarez says Manny wont play again in 06'

"Dr." Julian Tavarez says Manny Ramirez won't play again in 2006.

"He's done. Take my word, I know," Tavarez said Wednesday. "If he has one more at-bat, I'll give you one thousand dollars." This is the second time that Tavarez has given his expert medical opinion on Manny's prognosis. Leave it to Manny to have a medical consultant as wacky as Tavarez.

Maybe Ramirez and Tavares will try to hit you up for a loan to go buy motorcycles.

Comment

Wouldnt be surprised. I'm so tired of both of these guys. Put Manny Ramirez's talent in someone like Craig Biggio's head, please, please....

Comment

Manny being Manny got real old in Cleveland. I don't think that many people there were sorry to see him go.

Comment

Damn shame that Manny is such a head case.

I can't imagine the numbers he'd put up had he actually been motivated to play.
          "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Francona said before the NYY series that it was doubtful that Manny would play again this season. He also said that Manny wants to play... but I guess some will interpret this as Francona making excuses for a player who is in a funk.
            --Annie
            Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
            Remember Yellowdog
            ABNY

Comment

Because I've done quite a bit of hiking, I know what a pain (literally) it is to get patellar tendonitis. If it's not rested properly, it can linger for a while. And let's be honest, given how downhill this season has gone, I'd rather see him have the rest of the month off and come back strong next season.

And Tony, you do make a point. However, every team has had their share of players like this. If Mickey Mantle hadn't done all of that drinking and womanizing with Billy Martin, his numbers surely would have been a lot higher.

Comment

i agree, there is no sense in pushing anyone with an injury when the season is over...and yes, the season is over. damn shame

Comment

It's good to see you among us, BB... Sorry the Sox can't give you a lift.

Apparently Manny took BP yesterday... maybe Dr. Tavarez is mistaken?
                  --Annie
                  Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                  Remember Yellowdog
                  ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                    It's good to see you among us, BB... Sorry the Sox can't give you a lift.

Apparently Manny took BP yesterday... maybe Dr. Tavarez is mistaken?

Yeah, never trust ANYTHING either of those two say.

Tavarez also thinks he's one of the best looking guys in the MLB.

Comment

why all the hate on manny? i've seen the interview where tito said he wanted to play, and i think he meant it.

manny's been good this year (behavior-wise, i mean), and i'm sure he's not making the effort to come back that the average player would, but at this point who cares. i don't think any player on the sox would make the effort that an average ML player would at this point.

i wouldn't be surprised to see manny get traded in the offseason, and have wily mo replace him. they might tradewily mo, too, but i don't think they'd be able to get equal value for him (i think wily mo's gonna be somethin, and i don't think most teams would be willing to give much up for him, whereas i think manny clearly has the name recognition to draw some impressive offers.)
                      Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Hahahahaha...unless MLB Gameday is screwing up, manny just pinch hit for Alex Gonzalez.
                        Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X