Papi and 61....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papi and 61....

If David Ortiz hits one HR in the last 9 games, he'll have 61 HRs, the AL record. Likely? Probabily not, but a) Gives us sox fans something to cheer about, b) Papi has done stuff before that we really didn't think was possible, and c) If he does it, it basically locks the MVP up for him. so who knows? Go Papi!
    Anything is possible, I think he'll do it.
    0.00%
    Decent chance of that happening.
    4.35%
    Not likely.
    47.83%
    About the same chance of us making the play-offs.
    21.74%
    0%
    21.74%
    other (explain)
    4.35%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Williamsburg2599; 09-22-2006, 03:56 PM.

Originally posted by kckid2599
    If David Ortiz hits one HR in the last 9 games, he'll have 61 HRs, the AL record. Likely? Probabily not, but a) Gives us sox fans something to cheer about, b) Papi has done stuff before that we really didn't think was possible, and c) If he does it, it basically locks the MVP up for him. so who knows? Go Papi!
    If he did that, he'd also set the major league record for consecutive games with a home run.
    "Any ballplayer that don't sign autographs for little kids ain't an American. He's a communist." -Rogers Hornsby

Comment

Originally posted by candy curveball cummings
      If he did that, he'd also set the major league record for consecutive games with a home run.
      Well... Umm... alright, just a dream of mine that he would do it, and some of them may be multi-homerun games.... but still, us sox fans need something to cheer for. Still one heckova season for Papi, and an MVP quality season, IMO. If only Papi hit this way his whole career, he be breathing down Aaron's record's back in a few years, but then he most likely wouldn't of been in a Red Sox uniform......

Comment

Originally posted by kckid2599
        If David Ortiz hits one HR in the last 9 games
        One home run in his last nine games?

I would be surprised if he didnt hit at least one dinger with nine games left.

Oh..that's not what you meant?

One home run in each of his last nine games?

Ain't going to happen.
        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

funny thread lol

Comment

He won't do it this year bit i think he might get there next season
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Red Sox, you are the only only only!
            [/SIZE]

Comment

It could happen, but i see no reason to think it will.
              Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Originally posted by PhilWings24
                It could happen, but i see no reason to think it will.
                I'll bet you've never been accused of sitting on the fence, eh?
                "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

He just got #53!
                  "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

#54! although I doubt he'll get to it now, still one heckova season! He might of reached it if it wasn't for the health problems. Go Papi!

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes
                      I'll bet you've never been accused of sitting on the fence, eh?
                      hahaha...that expression always makes me flinch...picket fences would not be fun to sit on.

basically what i was saying is that there is greater than a 0% chance, so i don't wanna say "no way," but there's about as much reason to expect him to hit 61 as there is to expect me to make next year's opening day roster.
                      Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X