Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye, old friend. The Trot Nixon thread. (and others)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The caption said Chris Nixon, thats how old this picture is..

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
      Hopefully it changes its course... I'll still post some more pictures... Even though it doesn't seem like anyone but Annie cares.
      Sorry I haven't posted much this week -- lotsa things going on. But I have been following this thread, and enjoy the pictures. There's one I call "Sox Musketeers" that has Gabe, Johnny and Trot all with thier glove-hands raised together in victory, I think after one of the World Series games. Do you think you can dig that one up?

There are those who evaluate players by thier numbers -- dry numbers. Then there are those of us who have seen Trot play with all his heart, all the time. No, he's not a GREAT player; he'll never measure up to the true greats of the game. But he is something special, and (if indeed he is to leave us) that enormous amougt of heart and grit and energy will be missed.
      --Annie
      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
      Remember Yellowdog
      ABNY

Comment

I'll see if I can find it Annie, but here's some more for now.

Comment

Trot just filed for Free Agency...

God, I hope he comes back.

Comment

i think trots recent offensive troubles might have to do with steroids. around 2003 he looked a lot bulkier than all of a sudden he started getting injured and became and looked weaker...

Comment

Originally posted by johnbuckformvp
              i think trots recent offensive troubles might have to do with steroids. around 2003 he looked a lot bulkier than all of a sudden he started getting injured and became and looked weaker...
              Get outta here, seriously.

Comment

Here we go AGAIN......
                Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

Are you really a Red Sox fan? Maybe a horrible manifestation of the Curse come back just to annoy us like a pawn in a larger game! Or maybe you're a seething disgruntled fan wishing to evoke reactions by trotting out wilder and wilder claims! Or maybe you're John Buck!

Comment

I'm going to quote myself here:
                    Originally posted by SoxSon
                    In the meantime, for those of you who want to post here, please stick to the tone established by the thread's creator. I'm pretty sure this thread is meant for well wishes.
                    That's clearly not what you did. Add to this your numerous other infractions, and this is known as the straw that broke the camel's back.
                    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X