No announcement yet.

Ron Jackson's Job in jeopardy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firing Wallace is wrong. He was recovering from surgery for most of the year.

If they brought Kerrigan back, I;d be glad. I bet Kerrigan'd be happy to be a pitching ciach again.
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maximum jack
      I'm glad Francona took responsibility for the decision, but I don't like the phrase "a number of Red Sox veterans." They're playing he-said-she-said. If someone had a problem and voiced their opinion, I'd like to know who it was.
      It's none of our business to know who it was, it's an internal matter.
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by SDL
        Firing Wallace is wrong. He was recovering from surgery for most of the year.

If they brought Kerrigan back, I;d be glad. I bet Kerrigan'd be happy to be a pitching ciach again.
        He is one of the best pitching coaches in the majors, he just wasn't a good manager. Bringing him back would make sense since the pitching was good under him and he's well respected among pitchers.
        Best posts ever:

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
          It's none of our business to know who it was, it's an internal matter.
          I disagree. If you say something which ends up costing someone their job,then own up to it; otherwise, the statment has no validity and just sounds like a fictional excuse.
          "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

I disagree. If you say something which ends up costing someone their job,then own up to it; otherwise, the statment has no validity and just sounds like a fictional excuse.
            It's still none of our business as fans. How do you know they didn't say who it was to Jackson himself? That doesn't mean they have to let it out in the papers, and to everyone. As much as you and I love the Red Sox really doesn't matter here. You aren't part of the organization, so don't expect organizational descisions to always be explained the way you want them to be.

As far as Wallace goes, I'm not surprised at all. Part of being a coach is being there to be in a position to help the pitchers. I know it wasn't his fault, however the bottom line is that he had health problems, and even once he got back they didn't do so hot. You have to look at bringing in someone without these problems, so that they can be there to help. Wallace isn't exactly a young guy. He's at the age where physical problems really set in, and it makes perfect sense to me that the Sox would rather someone without these problems.

That being said, I certainly hope they revamp the pitching staff, because otherwise we're in some trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Jager
              It's still none of our business as fans. How do you know they didn't say who it was to Jackson himself? That doesn't mean they have to let it out in the papers, and to everyone. As much as you and I love the Red Sox really doesn't matter here. You aren't part of the organization, so don't expect organizational descisions to always be explained the way you want them to be.
              That is an excellent point, but then why did Francona bother with the innuendo? I guess my point is that I don't buy the argument. I've never heard any player point the finger at anyone but himself when it comes to slumps. It doesn't sound very professional to me. As I said, I like that Francona owned up to the decision, but then he gave himself an out, by pointing the finger at some "Red Sox Veterans." Doesn't sound good for clubhouse dynamics, and just another reason I'm counting the days until Francona himself is let go.
              "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Didn't read the article linked did you? He wasn't fired over the complaints, their complaints were the final straw, one of several factors for not renewing.

They(the Red Sox) know who made the complaints, we(the fans) don't. Nothign to own up to to us, it's none of our business.

Frankly I think it's hypocritical to cry foul for saying they didn't "own up". People would be complaining about them "airing dirty laundry" if they DID come forward to complain about Jackson.
                Best posts ever:

Comment

That is an excellent point, but then why did Francona bother with the innuendo?
                  It was after the fact so it didn't matter any more. And there was no inuendo, he said it was part of the reason why Jackson was not retained.

I guess my point is that I don't buy the argument. I've never heard any player point the finger at anyone but himself when it comes to slumps. It doesn't sound very professional to me.

As I said, I like that Francona owned up to the decision, but then he gave himself an out, by pointing the finger at some "Red Sox Veterans." Doesn't sound good for clubhouse dynamics, and just another reason I'm counting the days until Francona himself is let go.
                  It's unprofessional to "air their dirty laundry", just as it is to call out their fellow players nor do they complain about their coaches. It does them no good and works against them if they do that. It's not a hard thing to grasp.

Frankly I believe fans would find some way to pin the blame on Francona, Theo, or anyone- THEY need a scapegoat to rationalize WHY he is gone despite the facts presented.
                  Best posts ever:

Comment

He wasn't fired over the complaints
                    Then he shouldn't have mentioned them.

Frankly I think it's hypocritical to cry foul for saying they didn't "own up". People would be complaining about them "airing dirty laundry" if they DID come forward to complain about Jackson.

If he hadn't mentioned the complaints, there would have been no reason to air out the dirty laundry. A simple: "The Red Sox organization and Ron Jackson have come to a mutual agreement, whereby we are terminating his contract," would have worked nicely. I don't think that is so hard to understand.

Comment

Seems to me this was change for change's sake. All of a sudden Jackson is not a good coach????

If they have to go outside the organzation, I'd suggest either Don Baylor or Dave Parker
                      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

If he hadn't mentioned the complaints, there would have been no reason to air out the dirty laundry. A simple: "The Red Sox organization and Ron Jackson have come to a mutual agreement, whereby we are terminating his contract," would have worked nicely. I don't think that is so hard to understand.
                        I give up, it's not worth arguing with someone who won't see anything but conspiracy theories and is hunting for scapegoats.
                        Best posts ever:

Comment

I give up

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X