This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Damon

Is Jhonny Damon is the biggest (explictive of your choice) ever?
    "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Johny Damon is one dam great player, defence, offence he does it all, and it makes me sick how some redseox fans are treating him because he got traded to the yankees, if you want to hate someone hate your gm or owner who traded him, he didnt want to go, do you think he was thrilled to leave the sox and play for the bitter rivall yankees?, i think not

Comment

Both of you are wrong in a few ways...

(1) It's spelled "Johnny," not "Jhonny" or "Johny."
      (2) He was not traded by the Red Sox, he was a free agent.
      (3) The Red Sox apparently low-balled him in contract talks, so Johnny just took the better offer (the Yankees).
      ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
      ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy
        Both of you are wrong in a few ways...

(1) It's spelled "Johnny," not "Jhonny" or "Johny."
        (2) He was not traded by the Red Sox, he was a free agent.
        (3) The Red Sox apparently low-balled him in contract talks, so Johnny just took the better offer (the Yankees).
        Another example of Money over Loyalty .

Comment

ok sorry about that, but how did Flarrity(sorry if i spelled his name wrong) end up on Boston?

Comment

Originally posted by GO-SKYCHIEFS-GO
            ok sorry about that, but how did Flarrity(sorry if i spelled his name wrong) end up on Boston?
            John Flaherty signed as a UFA (Unrestricted Free Agent)

Comment

First of all, you'd have to be from another planet to think that the Red Sox would make a trade like that in the first place. Second, whoever thinks a 4 year, $40 MILLION offer is a low-ball offer is off his/her rocker, mainly because a) it was a raise over what he made in 2005, and b) it was a good offer for someone who seemed to have some allegience (sp?) to Boston and said that he would never play for the Yankees.

Comment

I'm just really glad that it's the Yankees who have him. He's one great player.

Comment

I can't hate Damon. He's one of the few current Yankees that I can root for (as long as they're not playing the Red Sox, or aren't playing in the Post Season). He plays the game hard, and that's all anyone can ask of him. I do think he missed a real chance to go down as a true hero in the eyes of RSN. To say that 40 million was an insult, was pretty childish-- but I'm sure his agent had something to do with that.
                  "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                    I'm just really glad that it's the Yankees who have him. He's one great player.
                    thats what i mena, hes a great player, and no i didnt think that damom was traded for some backup catcher!! i was jsut wondering how he ended up there, and Myers was he a UFA to?

Comment

Enough with the "(Fill in the blank) Sucks!!!" threads. Give it a proper title, as these aren't doing BBF any favor. A forum full of these threads doesn't exactly scream intelligent baseball discussion.

Thread retitled.
                      "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

thats what i mena, hes a great player, and no i didnt think that damom was traded for some backup catcher!! i was jsut wondering how he ended up there, and Myers was he a UFA to?
                        Have you been living in Idaho for the past 2 years? And don't get all pissy like you did in the Terry Francona thread.
                        Last edited by The Kid; 10-08-2006, 03:38 PM.
                        "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

damon's just dumb. that's it. i have no problem with him, he's just a stupid person.

he felt disrespected by the sox FO, so left them for 500k more a year without giving them an oppurtunity to make a counter offer. i think when he made that decision, he thought "sorry, boston fans" and that was about it.

he was terribly overrated in boston, and i don't like that he doesn't understand why some of us hate him so much, but i think its just that he doesn't get some things.

i like him more as a player with the yankees now than i did as a red sox; i was sick of talking about how overrated and overpaid he was when he was with the sox. now that i have an oppurtunity to observe him for a more casual standpoint though, i like him a bit better.
                          Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Originally posted by PhilWings24
                            damon's just dumb. that's it. i have no problem with him, he's just a stupid person.

he felt disrespected by the sox FO, so left them for 500k more a year without giving them an oppurtunity to make a counter offer. i think when he made that decision, he thought "sorry, boston fans" and that was about it.

he was terribly overrated in boston, and i don't like that he doesn't understand why some of us hate him so much, but i think its just that he doesn't get some things.

i like him more as a player with the yankees now than i did as a red sox; i was sick of talking about how overrated and overpaid he was when he was with the sox. now that i have an oppurtunity to observe him for a more casual standpoint though, i like him a bit better.
                            Yeah, he is kind of dumb, but thats beside the point.

It wasn't 500K a year, it was 3 million a year.

I liked him in Boston, and thought he was worth every penny, but thats just me.

Comment

was it really 3 mil a year? i thought it was 3 mil total?

the reason i was calling him dumb wasn't just to poke fun at him, it was to explain why i don't hate him. if i had more reason to think he knew what he was saying all the time, i'd dislike him alot more, but i don't think he had any clue how many sox fans smiled ear to ear when he said there was "no way" he could play for the yankees. if a smarter guy had said that and turned on his word, i'd think of him as a fraud, but i really just think he didn't understand how much he was appreciated.
                              Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X