Manny for A-Rod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny for A-Rod?

Considering how much buzz there has been about getting rid of Manny and how much there is going to be about the Yankees ditching A-Rod, I thought this might be an interesting topic for a poll. How about it? Who would make out in the deal? Would it be a crap shoot?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    47.62%
    Not sure
    2.38%
    Last edited by FlashGordon; 10-07-2006, 06:36 PM.

2007 World Series Champions
    The Boston Red Sox

Not after his preformance in the post season. Let 'em keep him.

Comment

NO!!!! A-Rod is a lot worse than Ramirez! And Manny can actually do something in the playoffs!

Comment

Even though struggling in the Postseason , he is a sure HOF , will be the Youngest to reach 500 HR and is a very good SS , if we get him and convert him to SS , he can be a Heck of an Asset .

Comment

Originally posted by TheKingofKings
          Even though struggling in the Postseason , he is a sure HOF , will be the Youngest to reach 500 HR and is a very good SS , if we get him and convert him to SS , he can be a Heck of an Asset .
          There's nothing to convert. It's his position. I also think he would be motivated to stick it to the Yankees every time out. Manny? I think he would be miserable in the Bronx, even with Johnny Damon there to hold his hand; his act would not fly in pinstripes. Finally, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that A-Rod isn't trying hard enough. Even when he's in a dry spell, he runs out every ground ball. If the ball doesn't at least graze the wall, Manny stops at first every time.

The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Originally posted by TheKingofKings
            Doesn't matter if he can't help us win rings. What's the point if he ruins your play-off chances?

Comment

Originally posted by kckid2599
              Doesn't matter if he can't help us win rings. What's the point if he ruins your play-off chances?
              That's what we said about Roger Clemens in 1996.

The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Boston media would do what the New York media did to A-Rod. The Red Sox fans would do what the Yankees fans did to A-Rod. It's best if A-Rod doesn't come here since people would likely boo him, which I believe does play in a role in how effective he's playing. Going to Anaheim would be the best course for him.

So, no.

Comment

I think A-Rod would like to be in the Red Sox organization, considering how much he says he hates being a yankee.

I think Manny for A-Rod would be fair. Manny is lazy, he might be able to swing the bat but he is nearly good defensively as A-Rod is. Also, how many stolen bases do you see Manny get compared to A-rod? I think a big cause in Alex's poor performance this year is just being a Yankee. He says he is sick of what the media and fans and public expect of him and it is larger than ever when he is a Yankee. Also, Rodriguez isn't a 3rd basemen he is a shortstop, they should have put Derek Jeter at 3rd base since he has a great arm and Alex at shortstop. Just my opinion.

I think it'd be a good trade. All Manny can do is swing a bat and not much else, A-Rod doesn't really have a bad part in his game, he is fast, great hitter, and great shortstop.

You also have to consider what A-Rod has done previous to this year. When playing for Texas he was the best player in baseball and his first year for Yankees he had a .320 batting average and 48 homers.

Comment

I absolutely hate it when people talk about Manny being lazy and all of the examples of it. Everyone knows! He trys usually trys hard in the field, and the couple times he doesn't people jump down his throat! That is the public image of Manny: Lazy hitter who can't field and doesn't try. I hope this didn't offend anyone, I just find this really irratating.

Comment

Why would the Yankees want another hard hitting outfielder/DH. They need pitchers.
                      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
                        Why would the Yankees want another hard hitting outfielder/DH. They need pitchers.
                        I was just about to say the same thing. They need pitchin *almost* as much as we do. I don't want any part of A-Rod. He can go topple all of MLB's records somewhere else, preferably a small mid-market team. The media in Boston isn't much kinder than NY.
                        "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

mmk that trade is tetarded

Comment

Originally posted by -Kyle-
                            I absolutely hate it when people talk about Manny being lazy and all of the examples of it. Everyone knows! He trys usually trys hard in the field, and the couple times he doesn't people jump down his throat! That is the public image of Manny: Lazy hitter who can't field and doesn't try. I hope this didn't offend anyone, I just find this really irratating.
                            I agree. I guess it doesn't matter that his manager, coaches and teammates all report that Manny really does work hard on improving his game, and wants to do well. Nope, everyone's gotta believe Shaughnessy, instead. h
                            --Annie
                            Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                            Remember Yellowdog
                            ABNY

Comment

Oh -- reharding the proposed trade: No. Would you want Manny hitting against us 19 games a year? Come on, it was bad enough when he was with the Indians.

If Arod has indeed withered under the focused light of the NY fans and Media, he'd fare no better in Boston.
                              --Annie
                              Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                              Remember Yellowdog
                              ABNY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X