This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maximum jack
    How did you find this out? It's not 1:00pm yet.
    I was wondering that myself.

Comment

Evidently Piniella and Joey Pitbull said No. Piniella must have decided he didn't want to deal with Steinbrenner again and Joey Pitbull still thinks he'll be the next Cub manager.
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by keepthefaith3
        And the reason it's in the Red Sox forum is because we could really benifit from this idiotic move by the somnobulant and puffed George Steinnbrener.
        Theoretically we'd draw advantage from any number of moves made within the A.L. East. We do have to draw the line at some point, however. The more we privilege the Yankees by discussing their business as if it is Red Sox business, the more we empower their fans to stick it to us when we collapse down the stretch and finish behind Toronto.

You can see by my byline that I'm not immune to "The Rivalry." In fact, I live it on the street every day in a place where the Yankee to Red Sox paraphenalia is about 50/50. I say that with pride because in the 1980's and 1990's that was more like 60/40 to the advantage of the Yankees. Even so, Yankee business belongs in the Yankee forum.

As far as whether I would want Torre as Red Sox manager, not especially. I agree with Pesky; Torre isn't an especially good manager, just lucky that his boss gives him expensive new toys every year. I'd consider Pinella, however.

2007 World Series Champions
        The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Well, Torre is staying so .
          20001999199819961978197719621961195819561953195219511950194919471943194119391938193719361932192819271923

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
            Is there any reason why we're discussing this in the Red Sox forum? Rivalry aside, this would really be more appropriate in the Yankee forum unless someone wants to discuss Joe Torre as a replacement for Tito.
            Feel free to move it to CE if you'd like. I think we've got some Torre threads under the NYY forum already.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
              Feel free to move it to CE if you'd like. I think we've got some Torre threads under the NYY forum already.
              Maybe just closed? There are some in CE as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballRookie
                Well, Torre is staying so .

Dam.:grouchy
                "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
                  Maybe just closed? There are some in CE as well.
                  Up to the Boston co-Mods. Outta my hands.

btw, y'all can have 'im!
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Well, it's a closing frenzy tonight, so why not, particularly when the issue at hand seems to be resolved.

Annie...if you'd like to discuss Joe Torre some more , feel free to reopen this.
                    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X