Did SOX get NEW CURSE for Christmas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did SOX get NEW CURSE for Christmas?

The NY Daily News did an interview with Jimmy Damon, Johnny's Dad, and he had some very interesting things to say.......

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-320176c.html

c.

Well, I think that's a little hyperbole; Johnny isn't Ruth by any stretch.
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Comment

I agree i can't see there being a curse from this
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Red Sox, you are the only only only!
      [/SIZE]

Comment

Sounds like Mr. Damon hasn't been taking his medicine.

He'd be having delusions of grandeur putting his son's name in a book about Babe Ruth, let alone the same sentence.
        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

there never was a damn curse!!! and yes putting Damon's name in the same sentence as the bambino's is ridiculous!!! WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A THREAD LIKE THIS???
          Back to being underdogs

Comment

Though i also agree that the only simliarity between Johnny and Babe is that they play/played baseball, but to me Jimmy Damon just sounds like one heck of a proud Father.
            "I see no reason why a small-market team like the Twins or Expos can't continue to remain competitive, just because it lacks players," Selig said.

Comment

Originally posted by yankeekiller34BigPapi
              there never was a damn curse!!! and yes putting Damon's name in the same sentence as the bambino's is ridiculous!!! WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A THREAD LIKE THIS???
              Chill. She's not the one making the comparison. She's just posting what is in the paper.

(In regards to the mythical "Curse," there's a VERY interesting article by Glenn Stout in the latest issue of Elysian Fields Quarterly regarding the actual origins of the myth -- having to do with Henry Ford's anti-semitism and a very much misrepresented history of Harry Frazee. But that's fodder for another thread. I do suggest that everyone who can get their hands on this issue read the article. Very enlightening stuff.)
              Last edited by VTSoxFan; 12-22-2005, 08:44 AM.
              --Annie
              Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
              Remember Yellowdog
              ABNY

Comment

Damon and his dad are both complete idiots.. and i don't mean
                the lovable, stupid, idiots that we once called Damon in Boston.

Damon was by far one of my favorite players but i was constantly
                defending him when I talked about him. Everyone always
                talked about how gimpy his arm was, how hes lost a touch of speed,
                and his age.

Damon did not curse the Sox at all. Good luck to him. We need to move
                on and stop talking about this. If this was Ortiz it would be a totally different
                story. Damon isn't even top 5 CF's in the game. I still have a lot of love
                for Damon but his head has already grown 10 inches since signing with
                NYY. "I feel as if they picked up the best CF in the game"......

oh come on...

The Cowboy Up/Idiot days are over. We gotta look towards the future
                of a new ball club. Be positive red sox nation!!!

i hope everyone has a safe and happy holidays..

maybe we can find alex gonzalez, Eric Byrnes, or Corey Patterson under our X-mas tree this year.. im almost positive last year we got Varitek
                twitter.com/NewEnglandFans

Comment

One positive note about all of this is maybe it will be easier to buy good tickets to games by 2007?
                  "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                  "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

I belive in curses in every sports teams. Like for example.
                    CUBS=The curse of the billy goat.
                    INDIANS =Cursed by city itself By the lake of mistake

NFL
                    COLTS= The Curse of the Baltimore COLTS
                    BROWNS= Read the Indians curse
                    EAGLES= Signing T-O will put them in a new curse
                    NBA
                    CELTICS=The Curse of the Old Garden
                    LAKERS= The Curse of Shaq

I Dont know hockey yet but im trying to find out

Comment

Originally posted by RichardLikeWhoa
                      Damon and his dad are both complete idiots.. and i don't mean
                      the lovable, stupid, idiots that we once called Damon in Boston.

Damon was by far one of my favorite players but i was constantly
                      defending him when I talked about him. Everyone always
                      talked about how gimpy his arm was, how hes lost a touch of speed,
                      and his age.

Damon did not curse the Sox at all. Good luck to him. We need to move
                      on and stop talking about this. If this was Ortiz it would be a totally different
                      story. Damon isn't even top 5 CF's in the game. I still have a lot of love
                      for Damon but his head has already grown 10 inches since signing with
                      NYY. "I feel as if they picked up the best CF in the game"......

oh come on...

The Cowboy Up/Idiot days are over. We gotta look towards the future
                      of a new ball club. Be positive red sox nation!!!

i hope everyone has a safe and happy holidays..

maybe we can find alex gonzalez, Eric Byrnes, or Corey Patterson under our X-mas tree this year.. im almost positive last year we got Varitek
                      this is exactly the attitude we need to have as Red Sox fans, nicely put.
                      Back to being underdogs

Comment

Originally posted by yankeekiller34BigPapi
                        this is exactly the attitude we need to have as Red Sox fans, nicely put.

no problem buddy.. keep the faith

no need to lose faith now... i kept faith my pocket in '04 and look what
                        it brought us
                        twitter.com/NewEnglandFans

Comment

Johnny Damon has to be one of the more overrated players in recent history and it's easy to fix this mess.

Plan to rebuild the Red Sox:
                          (a) Trade Wells (+ prospect if necessary) for Dave Roberts (CF) and Adrian Gonzalez (1B).
                          (b) Make Tony Graffinino the SS.
                          (c) If necessary, fix up the weakness aspects of the team during the season until the trade deadline comes.

That should work.
                          Last edited by KingJ; 12-23-2005, 05:42 PM.
                          The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
                          Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

the guy that I wanna see in center for the red sox next season is Brady Clark currently with the Milwaukee Brewers. He'll be cheap comparitvely to John Damon (he loses the last to letters by going to new york in my book) and he'll put up good #'s (.306 AVG in 599 AB's with a .372 OBP last season).

Comment

We don't have a curse. We're infected by a virus called Larry Luciano.

We need help cure that virus.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X