No announcement yet.

Retire Speaker and Young?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They could do a Fisk and have him work there for a day. I doubt they will officially retire it.

The one player whose number is worthy of being retired, but never will because of the the requirements is Pedro. His best years were with Boston and there is no question he's going into the HOF as a Red Sox.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

If Pedro came back and ended his career with the Sox, #45 would be retired. Same with Clemens, but given Clemens' badmouthing of the city, it'll snow here in Florida in July before that happens.

Even tho Boggs ended his career as a Devil Ray, if he had never gone THERE, it would have been a lock that #26 would have been hung up. Sure the Rays retired his #12, but Boggs blew it as far as having his #26 hung up...
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Pedro wouldn't fit the 10 year requirement if he went back for a season.
        "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Lets get back to Speaker and Young.

And i think Clemens, Boggs and Foxx's # should be retired. Clemens and Boggs were great Red Sox and even if they both went THERE they had thier best years in Boston. And Boggs is wearing a sox hat on his HOF plaque.
          Last edited by The Kid; 10-29-2006, 12:22 PM.
          "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X