Nelson De La Rosa dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelson De La Rosa dies

Pedro's good luck charm in 2004, Nelson De La Rosa (the world's shortest actor) died in NY today.

this post should be locked their really isnt much 2 say here:noidea

Comment

What is it with the obsession of locking posts around here???

Comment

Originally posted by johnbuckformvp
        On the contrary, I'd say that Nelson was quite a recognizable face during that memorable year, and a farewell makes sense. A unique story, to be sure, but I'm still sorry to hear the news.

Last I heard, Nelson had been fuming at Martinez for some off-the-cuff remarks from the pitcher. Too bad their strange partnership ended on a bitter note.
        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by SoxSon
          On the contrary, I'd say that Nelson was quite a recognizable face during that memorable year, and a farewell makes sense. A unique story, to be sure, but I'm still sorry to hear the news.

Last I heard, Nelson had been fuming at Martinez for some off-the-cuff remarks from the pitcher. Too bad their strange partnership ended on a bitter note.
          Who is he? I've never heard of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Murderer's Row
            Who is he? I've never heard of him.
            Do you remember Pedro Martinez's "mascot" in 2004? He was a midget. (Wow...that sounded really weird.)
            "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Do you remember Pedro Martinez's "mascot" in 2004? He was a midget. (Wow...that sounded really weird.)
              I became really interested in baseball in 2003 when I watched Game 7 of the ALCS with my Dad and a friend of his, a priest who was really a football fan and we would always argue about which was better. Obviously baseball while we're on the subject. Anyway, after 2003 my interest lapsed and strangely enough, it was the 2004 nightmare-come-true that got me interested again. Now I don't know how I lived without baseball for all those seconds; minutes; hours; days; weeks; months; years. So I missed most of 2004 and really I'm not sorry, because I simply would have to endure a bit more pain. Anyway, I don't know who Nelson is at all, but I guess there isn't much about him besides the fact he was Pedro's mascot.

Comment

Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                I became really interested in baseball in 2003 when I watched Game 7 of the ALCS with my Dad and a friend of his, a priest who was really a football fan and we would always argue about which was better. Obviously baseball while we're on the subject. Anyway, after 2003 my interest lapsed and strangely enough, it was the 2004 nightmare-come-true that got me interested again. Now I don't know how I lived without baseball for all those seconds; minutes; hours; days; weeks; months; years. So I missed most of 2004 and really I'm not sorry, because I simply would have to endure a bit more pain. Anyway, I don't know who Nelson is at all, but I guess there isn't much about him besides the fact he was Pedro's mascot.
                In case you're interested at all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_de_la_Rosa

Comment

In case you're interested at all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_de_la_Rosa
                  Thank you SoxSon.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbuckformvp
                    This thread has more relevance than Runleyvs Hernandez and Varitek being overrated.

Comment

RIP Short Nelson , resto en paz mi poco amigo ...
                      Mahow Mahow !!!

Comment

He is also apparently going to be displayed in a Museum in the Dominican Republic ...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X