TV Heads-up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Heads-up!

OTL is doing a piece on Bill Buckner, and how his life has been since "that day" 20 years ago. The episode just started, I'm not sure the exact time the piece will be on. It's on ESPN. I'll post again on what it was about.

It talked about how he lives in Idaho on a farm. Buckner talked about how the ball bounced up and the left of his glove. It then talked about how Buckner and Mookie met up again when he was with KC and Mookie was with Toronto, and how Buckner joked about how he should hit him some grounders before the game. He also talked about how great it was to get a standing O on opening day in 1990. He then told about how he New England was becoming an unsafe place for him to be. It also talked about how Mookie and Buckner got together in NY this year to each sign pictures of that famous play for fans. He also said he is not ready to make an apperence at Fenway yet. Overall, nothing too new.

Comment

I think the poor guy should be left alone. He made an error at a REALLY bad time. He shouldn't have been the scapegoat of that series, there were ALOT bigger "cough-ups." He should be remembered as a great player and not for the infamous error. Anyone who said he was "forgiven" for 2004 is an idiot, the fans should ask him to forgive them. I hope he comes back to Boston, because he deserves alot more respect than he gets.
      Back to being underdogs

Comment

i've never been mad at buckner. iwasn't alive at the time of his error, and even if i was, i'm the type of person to feel badly for a player who comes up short in a big situation cus i play sports and i understand that no one needs to tell someone they messed up when they lose game 6 of the WS.

the interview was interesting though...one thing that struck me...did anyone else seem to think his recollection of the play was just wrong? he said it bounced over his glove, and that he did a fine job of staying down on it. from what i see, it obviously went right under his glove and a bit to the left.

who knows, i don't really care...like i said, the fact that so many fans think its necesary to remind him that making a game-losing error in the world series is ridiculous. it definitely does seem like things have gotten better, though, since the sox won it all.
        Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Originally posted by yankeekiller34BigPapi
          I think the poor guy should be left alone. He made an error at a REALLY bad time. He shouldn't have been the scapegoat of that series, there were ALOT bigger "cough-ups." He should be remembered as a great player and not for the infamous error. Anyone who said he was "forgiven" for 2004 is an idiot, the fans should ask him to forgive them. I hope he comes back to Boston, because he deserves alot more respect than he gets.
          That's how baseball works. A long season compacted into on a few memorable moments, and unfortunate for Buckner, that was one of them. You have to love some of the stories that came out of the buckner exprience though, like the one where that night a cop pulled over a driver and asked if he was sober. The driver said "Sir, I just had the most sobering exprience of my life." And the Officer replied "Oh, you saw the game?" And, although I can't find a picture of it (if anyone has one, please share), I remember some fans at Busch right after the Soxs won game 4 running through the aisles with a giant banner that said something like "We forgive you, Bill Buckner", and although I agree he shouldn't need to be forgiven, I found that absolutly hillarious and, because the Sox had just won the WS, absolutly awesome.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X