Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball America ranks Red Sox 2006 Draft #1

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...ass/?page=full

This was pretty good news, maybe it will help to restock our farm after losing Hanley, Meredith, and Sanchez... hopefully... hopefull... hoping... h

I'm really liking the sound of Anderson, and the guy who they keep comparing to Freddie Sanchez.
    Last edited by -Kyle-; 11-01-2006, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
      http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...ass/?page=full

This was pretty good news, maybe it will help to restock our farm after losing Hanley, Meredith, and Sanchez... hopefully... hopefull... hoping... h
      Doesn't help the team for at least two years.
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
        Doesn't help the team for at least two years.
        It could, actually. Trade bait and such, although I hope they dont.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
          It could, actually. Trade bait and such, although I hope they dont.
          They will be used as trade bait as long as there is a person at the position they play at.
          Best posts ever:

Comment

They will be used as trade bait as long as there is a person at the position they play at.
            There isn't one player at this point on the big league roster who could really be called a fixture other than Ortiz. Youkilis could play 1B or 3B is necessary. 2B is either the veteran Loretta or the unproven Pedroia. Who knows who the SS will be. Lowell could be traded, and if he's not, he's likely not going to be on the Sox for the longterm. Varitek is probably in decline, and while he might have a few good years left, he's 35, so the team really should be starting to consider what's next at C. RF right now is looking like Wily Mo Pena, so that's a question mark (though I think his ceiling is pretty high with Fenway as a home park). Coco Crisp seems to be where Edgar Renteria was last year (though I think it's way too soon to give up on Crisp - last year was a year of lots of adjustment and injuries for him). And there's always talk about trading Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
              There isn't one player at this point on the big league roster who could really be called a fixture other than Ortiz. Youkilis could play 1B or 3B is necessary. 2B is either the veteran Loretta or the unproven Pedroia. Who knows who the SS will be. Lowell could be traded, and if he's not, he's likely not going to be on the Sox for the longterm. Varitek is probably in decline, and while he might have a few good years left, he's 35, so the team really should be starting to consider what's next at C. RF right now is looking like Wily Mo Pena, so that's a question mark (though I think his ceiling is pretty high with Fenway as a home park). Coco Crisp seems to be where Edgar Renteria was last year (though I think it's way too soon to give up on Crisp - last year was a year of lots of adjustment and injuries for him). And there's always talk about trading Manny.
              I agree with you entirely, I'm just saying that they are trade bait when there is someone ahead of them either in the minors or in Boston. That doesn't mean they can't move up or down in trade perspectives, but until they reach high enough or play in a valuable enough position they are pretty much just waiting to be traded away to someone who needs their services...
              Best posts ever:

Comment

I agree with you entirely, I'm just saying that they are trade bait when there is someone ahead of them either in the minors or in Boston. That doesn't mean they can't move up or down in trade perspectives, but until they reach high enough or play in a valuable enough position they are pretty much just waiting to be traded away to someone who needs their services...
                That's true, and that's been the Yankees way of dealing in recent years as well. But in the past couple of seasons, I've started to get the feeling that both teams are moving towards restocking their farm systems and building from within. The Sox have assembled a pretty strong group of pitchers (many of which were probably prematurely rushed to the Majors this past year). As a fan, there's nothing better than having homegrown stars to root for.

Comment

they were ranked #2 last year as well.

i'm excited about Jason Place, i remember when they took him thinking "they must see something in this kid to take him in the first round, seeing as he's a high school hitter (although i think this admin's biggest bonus actually went to a high school hitter who flopped)" and he had a great year in the rookie league.

And just cus i saw you mention it, XX, and i always jump at the oppurtunity to agree with people when they say it:
                  The team should be no more willing to trade coco than anyone else. I mean, if they can trade him for andruw jones or something, a trade taht actually helps, then i'm fine with it. but if they go into the offseason looking for an oppurtunity to dump him, and they end up dumping him for some decent AA prospect, they'll almost definitely regret it. coco needs another shot.
                  Last edited by PhilWings24; 11-02-2006, 11:22 AM.
                  Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Originally posted by PhilWings24
                    The team should be no more willing to trade coco than anyone else. I mean, if they can trade him for andruw jones or something, a trade taht actually helps, then i'm fine with it. but if they go into the offseason looking for an oppurtunity to dump him, and they end up dumping him for some decent AA prospect, they'll almost definitely regret it. coco needs another shot.

Couldn't agree with you any more, phil. In a world where things go the way they're supposed to, Coco should have a much better offensive season in 2007. There's no solid reason to dump him for nothing.
                    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

its exciting having a good farm system, developing ur own players...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X