Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox Reportedly Sign Cora

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by johnbuckformvp
    why does whatever francona say/thinks have to be true? who says that francona is a brilliant manager? in the case of cora, the numbers tell the story.
    Geesh, and people say that I am an instigator. . .

    Well, there's a reason why he's in the dugout and we're outside of it. Call me naive, but I'd like to think that Francona, Theo, and Co. know more than I do about the game. Otherwise, why are they there?

    Besides, I think they've done a better than the braintrust in KC.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by pesky6
      Geesh, and people say that I am an instigator. . .

      Well, there's a reason why he's in the dugout and we're outside of it. Call me naive, but I'd like to think that Francona, Theo, and Co. know more than I do about the game. Otherwise, why are they there?

      Besides, I think they've done a better than the braintrust in KC.
      i dont criticize epstien. i dont care what some "fans" say, epstien is far more responsible for what happened in '04 than francona is. epstien built a team that clearly was designed to win, francona is one of the worst managers in baseball, hes stupid.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by johnbuckformvp
        in the case of cora, the numbers tell the story.
        We all cant have Rafael Furcal to be our utility guy.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by johnbuckformvp
          i dont criticize epstien. i dont care what some "fans" say, epstien is far more responsible for what happened in '04 than francona is. epstien built a team that clearly was designed to win, francona is one of the worst managers in baseball, hes stupid.

          Are you saying that Epstein built a team to win in the 2006 season? Or just 2004?

          If you're only talking about 2004, how was Francona one of the worst managers in baseball? We did pretty well that year, no?
          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

          Comment


          • #20
            sox id appreciate it if u read my post before asking questions. please refrain from asking questions when the answer is in the post, thanks.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by johnbuckformvp
              sox id appreciate it if u read my post before asking questions. please refrain from asking questions when the answer is in the post, thanks.
              That's it.
              "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by pesky6
                That's a likely scenerio. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with him. Maybe I'll have to eat some crow over this one, but I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise.
                how about his entire minor league career lol?

                pedroia's still gonna be 23 next year, it wouldn't surprise me to see him havea very unimpressive 270/335/395 year next year, but it also wouldn't surprise me too much to see a 290/350/450 year, and he's already shown that he's very very good with the glove.

                nice signing with cora though, he's far from an exciting player, but he alone takes care of 2nd third and short in terms of a backup, which is always nice
                Gelatin Fernandalism

                Comment


                • #23
                  I just saw that this contract was for 2 years at 2 million per - that really strikes me as a lot for Cora, but the market does seem to have gone crazy this year.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by DoubleX
                    I just saw that this contract was for 2 years at 2 million per - that really strikes me as a lot for Cora, but the market does seem to have gone crazy this year.
                    If I'm not mistaken, Boras would be his agent as well.

                    2 million for a bench player... :noidea

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by DoubleX
                      I just saw that this contract was for 2 years at 2 million per - that really strikes me as a lot for Cora, but the market does seem to have gone crazy this year.
                      Two million a year for a Utility Man.
                      I think it's a good signing for the red sox, the guy can contribute.
                      Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

                      "There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Actually, I always thought of Cora as a pretty competent utility guy. Those kinds of players don't grow on trees, ya know.

                        BTW, at 6 errors in a bunch of different infield possitions all year as a backup guy isn't too shabby. His hitting leaves a bit to be desired, and 2 mil per year seems a little on the high side, but not overly on either point.

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X