This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Lee- a must have

Does everyone agree that we should get Carlos Lee? He could play right and bat fifth. And he's not that old, either.
    Yes
    15.15%
    No
    84.85%
    "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

He'd be a good pickup, but not a must-have becuase of Wily's presence, and the free agency of Soriano and Gary Mathews Jr.

Comment

I keep tellin people wily mo isn't a everyday player!
      "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

No

Pena can play RF for you. he would definitely help but nobody out their is a must have for the Sox unless I`ve missed somebody.
        2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

I wouldnt consider him a a "must have", the Sox have a solid offense right now, they need to focus on resigning Lorretta. The sox traded Arroyo for Pena, might as well give him a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Gomes
            The sox traded Arroyo for Pena, might as well give him a shot.

That's the heart of this matter to a T.
            "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I like Pena's bat, but his defense is awful in RF, but still, he deserve a chance and will get one, as pointed, we traded for him and we're not going to give up on him just to bring in an expensive FA like Lee. So, no, Lee not must have.

Comment

If anything the red sox need some pitching.

Comment

There's been a lot of talk about Lee's substantial and increasing weight gain over the past few years and that if it continues, DHing will be inevitable in a year or two. The Sox already have that role filled.

Give Pena a chance and be patient, and I think you might be pleasantly surprised in a year or two.

If I had to guess where Lee lands, my guess would be the Orioles, believe it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
                    If I had to guess where Lee lands, my guess would be the Orioles, believe it or not.
                    I think i'd pick the Astros, i've heard he really wants to play in Texas.

Comment

Save your money and look for pitching. If Lee is problematic in LF how do you think he will fare in Fenway's RF??
                      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

sign lee and trade manny for pitching

Comment

Carlos Lee

The Sox are gonna have to pick up another bat to put in the 5-hole.If they lose Manny,they'll have to pick up 2 productive power hitters.Carlos Lee seems to be the best offensive free agent out there.I'd like to see him here,he plays hard,and can easily put up 30 home runs.The only problem would be where to put him.I dont think he's good enough defensively to play right field in Fenway Park.If Manny goes(possibly to the Angels for K-Rod and a prospect),then Lee could play Left.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidmichael
                            The Sox are gonna have to pick up another bat to put in the 5-hole.
                            We have one, Wily Mo Pena.

Comment

I don't get this. He only plays left field, and he doesn't walk very much. He's a very good hitter, and it would be nice to acquire him in a perfect world, but we already have a left fielder, and I don't see Manny being moved. Nobody wants Manny's salary, and if they couldn't deal him two years ago, how will they do it when he's two years older? For K-Rod? The Angels would never do that. The only place to put Lee would be at first, and to trade Lowell somewhere. But that would cost a lot, and given what they're spending right now trying to get pitching, I don't see a whole lot of free cash weighing down the Sox's pockets.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X