Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pitcher would you like to see in a sox uniform in '07?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pitcher would you like to see in a sox uniform in '07?

Provided we get Matsuzaka, what other starter would you like to see in '07?
    Jake Peavy
    48.00%
    Jason Schmidt
    4.00%
    Roger Clemens
    40.00%
    Greg Maddux
    8.00%
    Last edited by The Kid; 11-13-2006, 02:26 PM.
    "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Definatly Jake Peavy for me
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Red Sox, you are the only only only!
    [/SIZE]

Comment

Peavy : Coming off an average year, not a good time for a move to the AL .
      Schmidt : Overpayed Vet who is gradually losing his stuff .
      Maddux and Clemens : Another 40-Year Old ??? Provided we already have Wake, Schill ... not a good idea .

Comment

Peavy, but it's likely he's got no shot being here in the near future.

The rest are getting up there in years.

So, I'm going to not vote and say I prefer none of the pitchers listed on the team. Won't mind Clemens, but at his age and coming back to AL East and with all the other business, special treatment to have him come. I'm not too high on him.

Comment

Peavy, for the right price, would be worth taking a look at. The guy has good stuff but struggled last year. With some tweaks I could see him as a solid rotation guy.

The age, as mentioned, of the others concerns me. No way Maddux goes to the AL.

Comment

peavy by a pretty big margin, after that no one comes close to clemens.

if i was old enough to watch clemens pitch for the sox, or old enough to appreciate it as anything more than backround noise in my house, i'd probably pick him for sentimental reasons.

so the only reason i'd particularly want him is basically for the sake of other red sox fans
            Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Originally posted by sharrock
              Peavy, for the right price, would be worth taking a look at. The guy has good stuff but struggled last year. With some tweaks I could see him as a solid rotation guy.

The age, as mentioned, of the others concerns me. No way Maddux goes to the AL.
              i think you aren't giving peavy enough credit. he has an era of like 2.27 in limited innings 2 years ago and something like 2.80 in 05. this year, his "bad" year, he has an era of around 4.10 i think. so granted that's more like 4.90 in the al/ fenway, but still. he's one of the top 25 pitchers in baseball, easy.

my problem with that honestly would be that we would have too much young good pitching, and i'd get attatched to them and a few of them would have to leave one day. cus if oyu have matsuzaka, beckett, papelbon, peavy, there is no room for great prospects to come up, and you'll end up needing to overpay to keep that roation in place, which the sox don't do. that said, 3-4 years of having 2 aces and 2 number two types (it would be different players every year, taking into account good/ bad years) would easily outweigh the dissapointment of one of them leaving in an offseason.
              Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Clemens. As the closer. No one thinks he would, though.

Comment

Originally posted by wigglestrue
                  Clemens. As the closer. No one thinks he would, though.
                  i've thought about that alot, and that would be absolutely outstanding if the sox could do it.
                  Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

The return of Cy Young - that would be neat.

Comment

No, it would be cooler if the Rocket came back and broke the tie of him and Cy Young for most wins in a red sox uniform, XX.
                      "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

I'll bet it would be even cooler if Cy Young came back and broke the tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                          I'll bet it would be even cooler if Cy Young came back and broke the tie.
                          hahahah true...

you're right though, ktf3, but if he was the closer all season he'd almost definitely break that tie.

seeing him reach 200 with the team, though, would be cool
                          Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Greg Maddux.

He can then join his brother, so to speak...
                            Attached Files
                            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheKingofKings
                              Peavy : Coming off an average year, not a good time for a move to the AL .

Randy Johnson was the same age as Peavy and had a worst season than Peavy did this year when he switched to the AL. Randy and Jake are similiar pitchers. They're both strikeout pitchers, who have struggled locating in young age. Peavy's the guy you want on your team, trust me. He's a future Cy Young winner.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X