Damon link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damon link

Does anyone have a link to the article where Damon said that he would never play for the Yankees? Any help would be great, thanks!

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/...=.jsp&c_id=bos

Comment

Funny

May 1 2005, Damon won't play for the Yankees.
      May 1 2006, Damon plays his first game at Fenway Park as a Yankee.

One year can change a man.

http://silencefordamon.blogspot.com/

http://www.petitiononline.com/damon/petition.html

Comment

I just read this quote from that Damon article:

"There's no way I can go play for the Yankees, but I know they are going to come after me hard," Damon said. "It's definitely not the most important thing to go out there for the top dollar, which the Yankees are going to offer me. It's not what I need."

Geez, now I can really see why you guys are so pissed off about this. I would be too. What a hypocrite!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX

"There's no way I can go play for the Yankees, but I know they are going to come after me hard," Damon said. "It's definitely not the most important thing to go out there for the top dollar, which the Yankees are going to offer me. It's not what I need."

Geez, now I can really see why you guys are so pissed off about this. I would be too. What a hypocrite!
          That's what I was trying to tell you. Now you know.

"I love it here. I love the fans. My heart and soul are here. But look -- more money over there. I guess I can sell my heart and soul. See ya later."
          --Annie
          Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
          Remember Yellowdog
          ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
            That's what I was trying to tell you. Now you know.

"I love it here. I love the fans. My heart and soul are here. But look -- more money over there. I guess I can sell my heart and soul. See ya later."
            I didn't realize how specific he was when he made the comment. I figured he just said something generic like "I'll never play for the Yankees." With that statement I thought, well things change, I can't fault him for saying what he did at the time and then switching gears when the money was on the table. However, the fact that he actually talked about the Yankees money not being enough to lure him is what is pretty damning here. Oh well. I don't like the guy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX

That's exactly what I'd thought when I'd read that same quote awhile back. It's been out there re the Yanks coming after him hard. Seemed like both ego and dollar worship.

All I'll say is he'd better play his his tail off if he wants lots of cheering at 161 & River in the South Bronx.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

man redsox fans hate damon

why such a huge beef. Im a jays fan and in the past shawn green did not want to play for toronto and i have no beef with him. Can someone fill me in as to why so much hate for damon???

Comment

Originally posted by ricky151
                  why such a huge beef. Im a jays fan and in the past shawn green did not want to play for toronto and i have no beef with him. Can someone fill me in as to why so much hate for damon???
                  You know why. Stop trolling.
                  "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

If you are a Blue Jays fan, then you have to end every sentence with an "eh?" from now on you hoser.

Comment

So if Vernon Wells were a free agent, had come to play for the Yankees, you'd be alright with that? Suppose we add in that he'd said he'd never play for the Yanks.
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer
                        If you are a Blue Jays fan, then you have to end every sentence with an "eh?" from now on you hoser.
                        Nah, they're too busy clubbing baby seals up there. . .

Seriously, it's not like he went to the Dodgers or the Mariners--he went to our arch-rivals--the YANKEE$!!! When you openly state that you won't go to a certain team, and then you do exactly what you said you wouldn't do, then of course fans are going to be upset! And comparing Shawn Green and Johnny Damon is like comparing the humanitarian efforts of Ghandi and Hitler.

Comment

Given the ridiculous contract, we should all applaud Damon going to the Yankees. Another year where they squander a huge portion of their financial advantage.
                          BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X