Favorite Sox Prospect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan
    My bad, it just seems like Damon's pretty hated here.
    goly, i wonder why

Comment

Didn't Lester have a benign tumor? If thats it, I don't see why it is such a big deal.

Mine would probably be Lester or Ellsbury.

Comment

A couple things. First Place isn't like Damon. Place is considered a five tool player. He has power, speed, contact, a very good glove, and an above average arm. He could be a very good RF'er at fenway. He's got the smarts on the defensive side to do it, as well as the arm for it.

Next I heard today that Lester is having one last treatment of chemo, and that his lymphoma is in remission, and he's hopeful that he'll be ready for ST. Definetely good news. I don't have a link yet, but I'm searching. I found it on another baseball site.

Comment

Jon Lester-S- Red Sox Dec. 5 - 2:39 pm et

The Red Sox confirmed Tuesday that Jon Lester has been cleared to end chemotherapy.
          The Boston Globe reported Tuesday that Lester's lymphoma was in remission. "He's going to have one more treatment and then he's done," manager Terry Francona said. "So, from where I sit, the meetings are already a success."

Comment

Originally posted by Jager
            A couple things. First Place isn't like Damon. Place is considered a five tool player. He has power, speed, contact, a very good glove, and an above average arm. He could be a very good RF'er at fenway. He's got the smarts on the defensive side to do it, as well as the arm for it.
            So more of a JD Drew (minus the attitude) or Bobby Abbreu? Hopefully end up like them.

Comment

SoxProspects.com says his MLB comparison is Johnny Damon. And when you look at it, Damon is really a four-tool player, with the one missing being arm strength. Place is not as fast, but still above average. Place projects as being a lot better defensively than Damon, and putting up slightly better power numbers offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
                Lol Chris, I dont believe Danny meant that as an insult.
                Nope, I didn't. Just he's the first name that pops into my head when I read "Jason Place".

Whoops, looking it up, it seems I got it wrong. Jager, you were right. It's ELLSBURY who's the Damon clone. Place is more like Jeff Francoeur. http://soxprospects.com/players/place-jason.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bedard

Whoops, looking it up, it seems I got it wrong. Jager, you were right. It's ELLSBURY who's the Damon clone. Place is more like Jeff Francoeur. http://soxprospects.com/players/place-jason.htm
                  The Ellsbury thing Ive actually heard, I hope he becomes a Damon type player.

Comment

One guy to keep an eye on is this Australian kid Adam Blackley. He led everybody with a 0.00 ERA in 12 2/3 IP at the XVI Intercontinental Cup a month ago in Taiwan.
                    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

my favorite is justin masterson (as you can probably tell by my signature). it's pure emotion though, he throws incredibly hard with great control, is 6'6, and was born in jamaica.

in ways of which prospect i expect to do the most though, it's gotta be ellsbury-not cus he's a super prospect-but because he's the closest to being a major leaguer. a player who does well in AAA seems infinitely more likely to succeed than a player who does amazing in AA. so yeah, i'd say masterson as the fan favorite, ellsbury as the surest thing, and probably buchholz as the highest ceiling.
                      Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X