Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Craig Monroe plus a Starter for Man Ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Craig Monroe plus a Starter for Man Ram?

We all know that Manny Ramirez has been itching to get out of Boston. Poll question Craig Monroe plus any one of these SP from last year (Rogers, Verlander, Robertson, or Bonderman), for Manny?...no cheating and saying C Mo and Miner, sure I would do it.

That was the way I pharsed the question on the Tigers forum. What do you guys think???? Although, I would have to think the C Mo (what us folks call Craig Monroe) and Verlander trade is a no brainer so take him off the table.
    C Mo and Nate Robertson for Man Ram
    16.67%
    C Mo and Kenny Rogers for Man Ram
    0.00%
    C Mo and Jemery Bonderman for Man Ram
    16.67%
    No Verlander for you.....so NO WAY!!!
    66.67%

I wouldnt accept any trade without Verlander from the Tigers. Craig Monroe isn't very appealing either, the .301 OBP isnt tickling anyones fancy. You'd be looking at trading either Verlander or Maybin if you want manny. Monroe and Robertson/Rogers/Bonderman isn't going to do it.

Comment

Craig Monroe??????????????????????

Fernando Rodney + Andrew Miller + Cameron Maybin + Jeff Larish, thanks.

I mean, did you see what the Sox reportedly asked from LA?
      And you think Monroe and Robertson is even 1/4th of that????
      Last edited by wigglestrue; 12-07-2006, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Craig Monroe doesnt fit well with the Red Sox. He'd have more value if the Tigers shipped him to Texas. I think the Red Sox would have interest in the young bullpen arms but not so much in the starters as the price would be too steep.

Comment

None of those. I would however jump all over a deal like:

Manny for Bonderman and Zumaya

I'd do that deal in a second, but I don't think Detroit would. BTW why would Detroit want Manram considering they just went and added Sheff. Isn't one guy that doesn't always try good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Jager
            None of those. I would however jump all over a deal like:

Manny for Bonderman and Zumaya

I'd do that deal in a second, but I don't think Detroit would. BTW why would Detroit want Manram considering they just went and added Sheff. Isn't one guy that doesn't always try good enough?
            Other players should do so well from not trying. But if you have a shot to land a bat like Manny's, and it's not going to hurt you (your counter offer is too much) you grab it. Trading a young potential ace starter and closer who can throw 102 is to much, while Monroe is not a strong enough bat to warrant anything less than Bonderman with him.
            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I know it's more than Detroit would give, but I'm just saying that's what it would take for me. Monroe isn't worth a damn really.

Comment

We can all agree that on Boston's side, we don't ever think we're getting enough for Manny. While on the other side, other teams don't think Manny worth that much.

I won't do any of those deals in the poll. Lol, Nate Robertson.

Comment

If I'm the Tigers I would trade away Monroe and anyone of those starters for Manny and I'd do it quick before Theo woke up from his sleep!!!

(actually, I may have to think long and hard before trading away Verlander)

Comment

I am a Tiger fan and I would trade Verlander and Monroe straight up for Manny. Verlander is extremely over rated.

Comment

What's a Man Ram? I have never heard that...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X