No announcement yet.

Red Sox history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do indeed -- wore it just the other day, in fact. My Nixon shirt is pretty beat up but is still my favorite.
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn
      Still have that Lowe shirt, Annie??
      I still wear my Mark Hellborn, er, Bellhorn, shirts with great pride...and my Foulke shirt, too. Not to mention El Guapo...
      I had two great Bellhorn and Foulke shirts that I cant find anymore.

"Foulke the Yankees" and "Who died and made you Mark Bellhorn?"

Never got a Lowe shirt/jersey, but I did just get my new Lester jersey in.

Also, about the Nixon shirt Annie -- thats a great choice for a favorite. His jersey has always been my favorite, and it hangs on my wall at this second.
      Last edited by EvanAparra; 01-04-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra

"Who died and made you Mark Bellhorn?"
        I love it!

Also, about the Nixon shirt Annie -- thats a great choice for a favorite. His jersey has always been my favorite, and it hangs on my wall at this second.
        I got my Nixon shirt right after he hit the 2-run homer off Clemens to win The Duel of May '00. I suppose I could get a new one for cheap, now.
        --Annie
        Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
        Remember Yellowdog
        ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan

I got my Nixon shirt right after he hit the 2-run homer off Clemens to win The Duel of May '00. I suppose I could get a new one for cheap, now.
          Too true, h. I suppose Yawkey Way store will have them for 5 dollars soon enough... Tis how I got my last Nomar shirt.

Comment

Too true, h. I suppose Yawkey Way store will have them for 5 dollars soon enough... Tis how I got my last Nomar shirt.
            I bought my Hellborns and Foulke at Modell's for $5 each...I am a cheap old thing. Also bought two Pedro shirts for friends in Italy (long story) at that same great price.
            Did pay serious bucks for the Guapo across from Fenway, and my daughter's various Ortiz shirts and bobblehead have cost me a few $$$. I bought her first Papi shirt on the street after witnessing his game-winning HR in the '04 ALDS Game 3...
            I tried to get a local printer to make me Foxx and (Smead) Jolley shirts, but they wanted an order of at least 10 of each. I wanted to show up all those folks at Fenway who thought they were so cool in their Yaz and Williams tees...
            "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

"Who died and made you Mark Bellhorn?"
              I'd bet that those shirts even made Hellborn himself give a rare smile...those were funny. Not quite as funny and weird as those "Daubach is My Daddy" shirts that were all the rage before the Hellborn era, though.
              "Looks Like Jesus, Acts Like Judas, Throws Like Mary" is my alltime favorite.
              "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

I have a Daubach shirt -- it's one of the old diamond-logo "100th Anniversary" shirts, which my sister took to a mall kiosk and had "Daubach - 23" ironed onto it, for my Spring Training present that year. That's one of my faves. too.
                --Annie
                Remember Yellowdog
                ABNY

Comment

Hey, what alternate universe are you posting from?
                  The "World According To Buckner" where third outs never happen, and Yogi repeats, "It isn't over until it's over" after every pitch.
                  "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                  "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

I have a Daubach shirt -- it's one of the old diamond-logo "100th Anniversary" shirts, which my sister took to a mall kiosk and had "Daubach - 23" ironed onto it, for my Spring Training present that year. That's one of my faves. too.
                    Wow...I'm really impressed that you own a Daubach shirt. That's reaching a rarefied level of Bosox fandom that deserves a round of applause!

My favorite Daubach moment was in a game against the Mets when Dennis Cook was doing his shiatsu rubdown on the ball and Brian pointed with his bat and yelled, "WHAT THE FUDGE IS HE DOING TO THE BALL?!?!?!?" Cook went nuts, and I rolled on the floor.
                    Dauby even got a clutch RBI hit in that at bat, but Piazza ruined it with a HR in the next inning.

Now, if you tell me that you already own a Smead Jolley shirt, I'm going to faint.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyK
                      The "World According To Buckner" where third outs never happen, and Yogi repeats, "It isn't over until it's over" after every pitch.
                      Dude, that's 2nd millenium stuff. Now that we're in the 3rd millenium, the Bosox will get the 3rd outs they need.

Comment

My favorite Daubach moment was in a game against the Mets when Dennis Cook was doing his shiatsu rubdown on the ball and Brian pointed with his bat and yelled, "WHAT THE FUDGE IS HE DOING TO THE BALL?!?!?!?" Cook went nuts, and I rolled on the floor.
                        Dauby even got a clutch RBI hit in that at bat, but Piazza ruined it with a HR in the next inning.

I was watching a Sox game with my then girlfriend as Brian came to the plate. She said "he looks stupid." I said, "So what, he probably is, but he's a Red Sock" He then hit one of the most monstrous home runs i've ever seen off the coke bottle.

Comment

I was watching a Sox game with my then girlfriend as Brian came to the plate. She said "he looks stupid." I said, "So what, he probably is, but he's a Red Sock" He then hit one of the most monstrous home runs i've ever seen off the coke bottle.
                          Dauby was such a funny player...he'd be in a long, horrid slump in which he'd look so bad you'd think that it was his first experience playing baseball, but, just about when you were about to totally give up on him, he'd bang out two clutch HRs in three games and he was a hero again.
                          He DID look kind of, er, simian to me...wide-eyed, slack-jawed stare, Torre-esque permanent 5 o'clock shadow. But, he came across as a decent guy when he was interviewed. I know he was with the ChiSox after his Bosox years, I would assume that he's totally out of baseball now.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6118

Brian Michael Daubach (born February 11, 1972 in Belleville, Illinois) is a minor league first baseman for the Memphis Redbirds, the AAA affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals.

He hit .279/.387/.487 with 11 bombs this past year.. not too shabby!
                            Last edited by EvanAparra; 01-04-2007, 10:14 PM.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6118

Brian Michael Daubach (born February 11, 1972 in Belleville, Illinois) is a minor league first baseman for the Memphis Redbirds, the AAA affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals.
                              Thanks for looking that up...I knew that he was excited to sign with the ChiSox as a native Illinoisan, but he was probably also a Cards fan as a Southern Illinoisan. It really surprised me to find that the Cubbies were hated by most baseball fans from Southern IL, just like with people from the South Side of Chicago.

Comment

Wow...I'm really impressed that you own a Daubach shirt. That's reaching a rarefied level of Bosox fandom that deserves a round of applause!

Now, if you tell me that you already own a Smead Jolley shirt, I'm going to faint.
                                No, no Smead Jolley...

Was that Dauber hit you remember in the same series where Carl Everett went bananas at the umpire (July 13-15, 2000)? In that series, Dauber hit a walk-off double off Benitez, I believe, on the Friday night, with 2 on, 2 out, 2 strikes, bottom of the 9th, and then hit a go-ahead homer the next day when he had to sub for Everett after he'd been ejected.

Yeah, I'm a Dauber fan...
                                --Annie
                                Remember Yellowdog
                                ABNY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X