Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
    No, no Smead Jolley...

Was that Dauber hit you remember in the same series where Carl Everett went bananas at the umpire (July 13-15, 2000)? In that series, Dauber hit a walk-off double off Benitez, I believe, on the Friday night, with 2 on, 2 out, 2 strikes, bottom of the 9th, and then hit a go-ahead homer the next day when he had to sub for Everett after he'd been ejected.

Yeah, I'm a Dauber fan...
    Yes, same series!! I think that the Mets were complaining about Carl being out of the batter's box to get back at the Bosox for squawking about Cook messing with the ball. That series was great fun to watch!!
    I'll have to look up the games to be sure...I thought that the Bosox lost the Cook game on a Piazza HR, but my memory has been refuted many times in these pages. My mind would probably make an excellent spaghetti strainer! It does sound right to me that Daubey (Dauber?) had a number of big hits in that series.
    I liked Brian a lot, too, even though, like Hellborn, he could be totally lost at the plate for games on end. They both proved they could bang out some super clutch hits, though.
    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn
      Yes, same series!! I think that the Mets were complaining about Carl being out of the batter's box to get back at the Bosox for squawking about Cook messing with the ball. That series was great fun to watch!!
      I'll have to look up the games to be sure...I thought that the Bosox lost the Cook game on a Piazza HR, but my memory has been refuted many times in these pages. My mind would probably make an excellent spaghetti strainer! It does sound right to me that Daubey (Dauber?) had a number of big hits in that series.
      I liked Brian a lot, too, even though, like Hellborn, he could be totally lost at the plate for games on end. They both proved they could bang out some super clutch hits, though.
      Oh sure, he'd hit over .500 for four or five weeks, then go stone cold for six. After Manny broke his finger in '02 and Daubach hit clean-up for a while, people were saying "Manny who?" Dauber (or Daubey, or as Trot once called him, "Toolbox") drove in all the runs in Nomo's no-hitter with two homers, too. I also remember one game where he hit a pitch that had hit the ground in front of the plate and bounced up -- he hit it for an RBI double. What a hoot!

Yeah, the weekend that Everett went ballistic was a good one for Dauber. I remember the date clearly because 1) I'm a dork, and 2) it was Bastille Day weekend, when I started the job I currently hold, and, of course, 3) it was a good weekend for baseball.
      --Annie
      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
      Remember Yellowdog
      ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
        Oh sure, he'd hit over .500 for four or five weeks, then go stone cold for six. After Manny broke his finger in '02 and Daubach hit clean-up for a while, people were saying "Manny who?" Dauber (or Daubey, or as Trot once called him, "Toolbox") drove in all the runs in Nomo's no-hitter with two homers, too. I also remember one game where he hit a pitch that had hit the ground in front of the plate and bounced up -- he hit it for an RBI double. What a hoot!

Yeah, the weekend that Everett went ballistic was a good one for Dauber. I remember the date clearly because 1) I'm a dork, and 2) it was Bastille Day weekend, when I started the job I currently hold, and, of course, 3) it was a good weekend for baseball.
        Ha, Everett flipped out and he probably got ejected. If he wants to act like a redheaded step child, he got what he deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Solair Wright
          Ha, Everett flipped out and he probably got ejected. If he wants to act like a redheaded step child, he got what he deserved.
          Ejected and suspended AND fined. He put on quite a display of fireworks.
          --Annie
          Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
          Remember Yellowdog
          ABNY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X