Marcus Giles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus Giles

According to ESPN.com, Marcus Giles is now a free agent.

I think he'd be a good fit in Boston (and a lot of places). Do you guys think the Sox should go after him or should they take their chances with Pedroia at 2B?

Sox have Pedoria, he'll be fine...no need for Giles plus I'm sure another team needs him more (Blue Jays anyone?)
    "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Nah, let him go sign with San Diego. Some young blood is needed (and cheap) so Pedroia is going to get a shot. Its one lineup slot where the Sox can save some money rather than a slight upgrade for several million dollars.

Comment

I'll pass on Marcus Giles as well. I prefer Dustin Pedroia getting a shot instead of bringing another free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion
          I'll pass on Marcus Giles as well. I prefer Dustin Pedroia getting a shot instead of bringing another free agent.
          I agree, lets give Dustin a chance, worst case scenario, if Dustin fails, Alex Cora will be the starting 2nd baseman.

But if the Sox are considering a free agent at 2nd base, I'd consider bringing Loretta back. In fact I'm surprised they didn't resign him anyway, he did very well last year, and would be able to work with/teach young Dustin!

Comment

I just want Loretta back.
            "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

we have a world series caliber team this year, pedroia struggled last year. why not bring in a bat like giles and give pedroia some more time at aaa???

giles will be seeking 3-4 mio$ thats what www.mlbtraderumors.com says
              I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

I am afraid that Giles, at an early age, has begun to slip badly. I'd rather not have him around to take playing time away from a young guy until the young guy proves he's not up to the mark.
                Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Can't see the Sox bringing in Giles, since they've been waiting to give Dustin Pedroia a chance.
                  "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Originally posted by TonyStarks
                    Can't see the Sox bringing in Giles, since they've been waiting to give Dustin Pedroia a chance.
                    yeah thats probably true. But in Loretta we loose a good obp-guy. Hopefully Pedroias numbers won't slip, if you see what he has done in AAA.

There are several prospects in AA or AAA who go up into the MLB and have better average and better overall numbers, like Hanley for example.
                    I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

Loretta wasn't a great OBP guy at all, he was very much average. .002 over the league average this past year.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X