Translator at the Matsuzaka press conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translator at the Matsuzaka press conference

This was a nice press conference for japanese people, but the translator was just horrible. He translated just 30% of what Daisuke Matsuzaka actually said. It's really too bad. I would have loved listening to the exact words Matsuzaka-san said.

Here in the japanese today-newspaper forum japanese baseballfans are really upset about the bad transator...

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/393338/all
    I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

I'm assuming that was the first and last time we'll hear from this translator.

Here is a more accurate portrayal of the news conference:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...n_transla.html

Comment

Originally posted by sharrock

wow thanks alot. Very good translation. I wonder who was responsible for this bad translation...

The Red Sox? Boras?

I've heard it was Boras' worker, but I heard also it was a minor league player of the Red Sox or coach.

Comment

I was at that press conference and it was really uncomfortable, but Dice-K seemed to like Boston.
        "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

Originally posted by keepthefaith3
          I was at that press conference and it was really uncomfortable, but Dice-K seemed to like Boston.
          Oh yeah? As what were you there? Journalist?

Comment

Originally posted by SwissRedSoxFan
            This was a nice press conference for japanese people, but the translator was just horrible. He translated just 30% of what Daisuke Matsuzaka actually said. It's really too bad. I would have loved listening to the exact words Matsuzaka-san said.

Here in the japanese today-newspaper forum japanese baseballfans are really upset about the bad transator...

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/393338/all
            I watched the conference on Japanese TV, and they had a voice-over translating all the English, including the translator's translation of Daisuke's words.
            The ball once struck off,
            Away flies the boy
            To the next destin'd post,
            And then home with joy.
            --Anonymous, 1744

Comment

Originally posted by Sliding Billy
              I watched the conference on Japanese TV, and they had a voice-over translating all the English, including the translator's translation of Daisuke's words.
              Is this also postet into the internet? Would be interesting to see it...

Comment

Originally posted by sharrock

Thanks for the link. I thought we were probably missing a lot there.
                --Annie
                Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                Remember Yellowdog
                ABNY

Comment

Oh yeah? As what were you there? Journalist?
                  I was there as a journalist-in-training. My friend is a journalist, and he took me there and showed me what they do at press conferences.
                  "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

Is this also postet into the internet? Would be interesting to see it...
                    I'm sorry, I have no idea. I can't do a Japanese search on my computer.
                    The ball once struck off,
                    Away flies the boy
                    To the next destin'd post,
                    And then home with joy.
                    --Anonymous, 1744

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X