Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julian Tavarez signs with the Red Sox

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5239404
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

The same Tavarez who went nutty and punched a phone after blowing a save in '04, breaking his hand, and then went on to give up the game-winning HR to Mark Bellhorn in Game 1 of the WS?

Well, we'll give it a whack.
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Comment

He's been a pretty decent reliever for the past two years, and the Sox could certainly use the bullpen depth. The only thing is, that the last two years came in St. Louis, a place that seems to have the same effect on pitchers as Atlanta.

Comment

Don't know if I would want him in the game during a big game, but he should had more depth to our bullpen like DoubleX said. Not a bad signing at all. I do like the Red Sox address there bullpen need... If only they address their SS, CF and lead-off need, Spring Training is only five weeks away at this point.

Comment

congratulations, boston. you got another one of my favorites. let's hope you do better with him than you did with renteria. read the manual this time before f-ing around with your new toys...

Comment

I like his numbers, but I hope be doesn't have another one of his meltdowns. Although it would be fun to watch, and the reaction from the fans would be....intertesting.....I bet.
            1903 - 1912 - 1915 - 1916 - 1918 - 2004 - 2007 - 2013

Comment

Another modest upgrade to the BoSox pen.
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

i think this is a very good upgrade for the Sox...very nice.

Comment

He will look great throwing that wild high and tight stuff to (at) anyone in pin stripes!

Comment

Did Tavarez pass his physical? Red Sox.com still does not show him listed on the 40 man roster. I know that he signed a contract already and was wondering if it is official?

Go Red Sox!!!

I Still Hate the Yankees!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonjes
                      congratulations, boston. you got another one of my favorites. let's hope you do better with him than you did with renteria. read the manual this time before f-ing around with your new toys...
                      I agree. For such a publicity-oriented front office, they really have done a terrible job of standing by *any* of their players.

2007 World Series Champions
                      The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X