Kevin Millar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Millar

I apologize if this is on another thread, but what has been going on with Kevin Millar? I know that he is no longer with the Sox, but has another team picked him up?
    Thanks!

He's in free agent limbo. I'm sure someone will pick him up on like a one year deal (perhaps with an option year too) sometime in the next few weeks.

Comment

Pretty much what DoubleX said. I remember hearing interest from the Twins in Kevin Millar, then that interest disappear and Millar himself just kinda fade out of recent free agent signing. I'm sure he'll sign sooner or later. Millar offer character to a team, but his bat and defense is not desire by many teams and neither his desire to be a starter with such poor defense and coming off a bad year with the bat.

Lol, be funny if he signed with the Dodgers and played with the other Ex-Red Sox players and manager on the Dodgers.

Comment

Thanks for the information. Even though his numbers the last two years were not that good, I've always liked Millar.

Comment

If I had to bet, I wouldn't be surprised if he latches on with someone like the Pirates. Every offseason they seem to bring in some declining veteran that was once a pretty good hitter, albeit not a great player, as the offseason nears an end. They just did it with Jeromy Burnitz, Raul Mondesi last year, and Matt Stairs the year before that.

Comment

It look like Millar close to signing with the O's. I guess that mean we'll be seeing quite a bit of him in the coming year if he does happen to sign with the O's. I'm sure the Red Sox fan will cheer for him when he return to Fenway in an O's uniform, if he signs with the O's.

Comment

I am glad he's got a job. I always did like the guy, and if I happen to be in Fenway for one of his return engagements, I'll cheer. Never forget that 3-homer night v. the Yanks!
              --Annie
              Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
              Remember Yellowdog
              ABNY

Comment

Sad to see him go, for it truly signals the end of the Cowboy Up/Idiots. He just made me laugh, like after the Sox were down 0-3 in the 2004 ALCS, and he said to the fans, "This is just how we like it; down and out, and then POW! Red Sox win it!" How right he was. He'll get cheers big-time. Fans who consider booing him should save their invective for Damon. Millar never broke anyone's heart. I hope I'll get to see him play again sometime this season.

Comment

Originally posted by king_ghidora
                  Sad to see him go, for it truly signals the end of the Cowboy Up/Idiots. He just made me laugh, like after the Sox were down 0-3 in the 2004 ALCS, and he said to the fans, "This is just how we like it; down and out, and then POW! Red Sox win it!" How right he was. He'll get cheers big-time. Fans who consider booing him should save their invective for Damon. Millar never broke anyone's heart. I hope I'll get to see him play again sometime this season.
                  How true. He kept the faith when a lot of us were lining up on bridges that fateful weekend. I'll still wear my Millar shirt.
                  --Annie
                  Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                  Remember Yellowdog
                  ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                    How true. He kept the faith when a lot of us were lining up on bridges that fateful weekend. I'll still wear my Millar shirt.
                    Perfect! I wish I had a Millar shirt! I too will cheer Kevin if I get the chance to see him at Fenway.

Comment

I'm glad he's gone. The guy was annoying. Cowboy up was stupid, his KFC commercials were an embarrassment, and he always looked for any opportunity to be in front of a camera.

He also sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by gpd311
                        I'm glad he's gone. The guy was annoying. Cowboy up was stupid, his KFC commercials were an embarrassment, and he always looked for any opportunity to be in front of a camera.

He also sucked.
                        I'm of somewhat similar sentiments about Millar. He seemed to run his mouth way too much while with the Red Sox. Two notable instances:

1) When he basically wrote Manny and Nomar off before the A-Rod and Magglio trades were consumated.

2) A year later, after he went off on A-Rod after he was so eager for A-Rod to join the team a year before.

Comment

Eh...no big loss.

I was never a big fan of Kevin Millar. We obtained him by essentially stealing him from Japan. He was a decent performer for the first year in a Sox uniform, but that's where his real contributions more or less came to an end. More than once last year I was heard to mutter, "Cowboy Up?!? It's time for him to pony up." His most valuable contributions amounted the kind of faux good cheer that only a court jester can bring about.
                          Only a few mysteries left to uncover,

D-No

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X