Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RedSox.com poll: What do you think about Boston's chances in 2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedSox.com poll: What do you think about Boston's chances in 2007?

There is a poll on RedSox.com right now asking "What do you think about Boston's chances in 2007?" How would/did you vote?

I would have to go with the first choice, as long as we can keep it together throught August and September.
    Start printing playoff tickets now
    35.71%
    We're gonna be a contender
    57.14%
    We've got a shot at .500
    3.57%
    It's going to be an uphill battle
    3.57%
    Other
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Williamsburg2599; 12-30-2006, 02:30 PM.

I'll go with we're gonna be a contender, rather than #1.

I'm always worried that unbridled optimism will somehow send us pre-2004 in haste.
    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

In an effort to jinx you i voted one

Seriously you hjave a very nice rotation, with a healthy Drew a great offense and defense. I don`t think you're quite as good as the team in the Bronx but I think you will be competitive and win the WC
      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Note: The last time we were under .500 was 1997, and have had 90+ wins since 2002, so number three looks unlikely.

Comment

I'm concern with the bullpen and offense.

The rotation does not look bad. I'm hoping Beckett can have at least a solid season. Dice-K, too. Papelbon come out strong and reliable pitcher. Schilling to be Schilling. Wakefield to be Wakefield. The rotation, even if it does not live up to it's full expectation, would likely be successful.

I say we'll contend, but we got two teams in our division that will be a problem. O's are not an awful club either. They're a decent club. I do not expect we'll destroy in 2007 like we did in 2006. Can't depend on the O's and NL making up a good amount of the Sox's total wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion
            I'm concern with the bullpen and offense.

The rotation does not look bad. I'm hoping Beckett can have at least a solid season. Dice-K, too. Papelbon come out strong and reliable pitcher. Schilling to be Schilling. Wakefield to be Wakefield. The rotation, even if it does not live up to it's full expectation, would likely be successful.

I say we'll contend, but we got two teams in our division that will be a problem. O's are not an awful club either. They're a decent club. I do not expect we'll destroy in 2007 like we did in 2006. Can't depend on the O's and NL making up a good amount of the Sox's total wins.
            You didn't allaborate on why the offense is a problem. I really only see the closer as a hole and after signing Peinero(sp) It looks like we may have some filler. The big offensive problem last year was the 5 hole so if Drew doesn't work out as a productive 5 hole then we can pray on Pena, even though he's having a tough winterball performance. The biggest problem last year was the Starting pitching we had no one to fill in at the second half( THATS WHY WE DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS). We have fixed that too so I expect that we get into the playoffs, as every Sox fan doesn every year.

Comment

I went with contender, though on paper it looks like we could plan for the palyoffs. And if we stay healthy, and if our new players produce, I think we will definately make the playoffs. I'm caustiously optomistic at this time.

They need to get Drew signed and hope he produces and will and stay healthy. I think the offense looks good. Our starting pitchers look very good.

The bullpen is shaping up, but I'm still a little concerned about if we will have a dependable closer, so well see how that comes together.

I suspect Theo will attempt to make a trade for a proven closer once Drew is signed (if they sign him) and getting a closer with a proven record would make me feel more confident that the Sox will be playoff bound.

Comment

I'm torn about the Drew deal. Part of me wants the deal to get done because he's a great player when he's in the lineup, but part of me wants the deal to fall through because he consistently misses games, and is over paid in the deal. Plus if he is signed, I think there is a good chance that Pena or Crisp, or possibly Manny (although VERY unlikely at this point) will be traded, and I'd like to keep them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jager
                  I'm torn about the Drew deal. Part of me wants the deal to get done because he's a great player when he's in the lineup, but part of me wants the deal to fall through because he consistently misses games, and is over paid in the deal. Plus if he is signed, I think there is a good chance that Pena or Crisp, or possibly Manny (although VERY unlikely at this point) will be traded, and I'd like to keep them.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think you ought to go with the second part of you. The majority of me is hoping the deal falls through altogether. I know his potential, but I tend to see Drew as an expensive spot on the DL.
                  "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I hate to admit it, but they may be the best team in the AL.

Comment

Originally posted by DaYankeeKillas
                      You didn't allaborate on why the offense is a problem. I really only see the closer as a hole and after signing Peinero(sp) It looks like we may have some filler. The big offensive problem last year was the 5 hole so if Drew doesn't work out as a productive 5 hole then we can pray on Pena, even though he's having a tough winterball performance. The biggest problem last year was the Starting pitching we had no one to fill in at the second half( THATS WHY WE DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS). We have fixed that too so I expect that we get into the playoffs, as every Sox fan doesn every year.
                      I'm still not comfortable with the offense. There's a lot of potential in the young players, but it's just potential at the moment. I hope Crisp, Pedroia, Pena and Youkillis can be productive. Youkillis had the best results of the bunch last season, so I'm hoping. I still worry about V-tek's offensive production, even though he's injuried, he's a catcher and he's aging. I thought Lowell got back on track with a good start, then he struggled after the break. I have no clue what you'll get with Lugo. He did well while in AL last season, but then struggled badly with LA.

Even if Drew signed, the offense doesn't seem too dependable except Ortiz and Rameriz. Youkillis to a degree, since he's use to a full season in MLB. I'm just pessimistic about the offense.

Comment

With this rotation, I really think they will get to the play offs. But they will be a contender in any case.

On paper they have a much better rotation than the Yankees IMO. I will not be surprised if they win the AL East (and beyond).

Comment

I have no idea how they will do. A lot depends on what the Yanks do between now and the season starting. Couple that with the uncertainty of whether Matzusaka will be the real deal or not and I am really antsy about the BoSox chances in 2007.
                          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

J25nadroj2042, you think it is going to be an uphill battle?

Comment

I think that the Sox have the opportunity to win the division this year, and certainly to get the Wild Card. This team has a ton of upside, but they have to produce. Another question mark is what's going on with Drew, because if Pena is in instead, he's another question mark, but with a huge upside. Unfortunetely we don't have one of those teams that you look at and KNOW that they will be incredible, but we definetely have the chance to do some incredible things. Especially that rotation. That could end up being the best rotation in baseball, but there are still question marks in it. Matsuzaka, Papelbon, and Beckett. Hopefully Lester will be healthy in case someone goes down, and even if the starting 5 is healthy he will help that bullpen ALOT, which seems like it will be needed this year.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X