Red Sox Songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox Songs?

Any old or new Red Sox songs out there? I'm trying to make a CD of pure Sox songs and I dont have many...

Ive got one called "The Red Sox Song" that I cant find the name of the artist for. It goes like... "And as I walk on down the street, I see those Fenway lights, in the park and up to my seat, i'm so excited i'm at the game tonight!' Then something like 'Cause its the Red Sox year, im talking Red Sox here today... Cause its the red sox year, they're going all the way" If anyone knows who sings this, please let me know.

Then there's a free-style done by Akrobatik that pretty much makes fun of players like Offerman and Garciaparra, but its funny nevertheless...

I also remember one where he talks about going to the game wearing his Garciaparra shirt and watching Pedro beat the Yanks... but that was on my old computer and I cant find it anymore..

So if you know the names of these songs or any other red sox related ones let me know! Thanks.

p.s. I think Im going to put a couple of Bronson's song on there too come to think of it.
    Last edited by EvanAparra; 01-09-2007, 08:39 PM.

Don't forget "Tessie", by Dropkick Murphys.
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Comment

In 1968, a group called Earth Opera recorded a song called "The Red Sox are Winning." Never heard of it? You can look it up.
      Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Comment

"Tessie" is on the Fever Pitch Soundtrack. There are two other songs on there that would meet your criteria. "Moonshot Manny" by Joe Pernice (One of my favorite songwriters of all time and he's from Beantown, although this song does not do him justice. It's more of a novelty song, obviously.) and "As We Walk to Fenway Park in Boston Town" by Jonathan Richman (who, come to think of it, is also from Boston and is, perhaps, one of the most underated songwriters in Rock'n'Roll history).

EDIT:
        I googled "The Red Sox Song" and came up with Pinetree John and the Designated Hitters.
        Last edited by maximum jack; 01-10-2007, 06:50 AM.
        "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

REd Sox in Song

Originally posted by maximum jack
          "Tessie" is on the Fever Pitch Soundtrack. There are two other songs on there that would meet your criteria. "Moonshot Manny" by Joe Pernice (One of my favorite songwriters of all time and he's from Beantown, although this song does not do him justice. It's more of a novelty song, obviously.) and "As We Walk to Fenway Park in Boston Town" by Jonathan Richman (who, come to think of it, is also from Boston and is, perhaps, one of the most underated songwriters in Rock'n'Roll history).

EDIT:
          I googled "The Red Sox Song" and came up with Pinetree John and the Designated Hitters.

There are lots of "Red Sox" songs....

This thread has one:

Pondering Judd's Losing Post 34

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=45269

And there are others I have but haven't posted yet.

I have been collecting baseball music for a while and have come across some truely moving ones. The thread above has links to many of the songs along with the artist as well. Enjoy
          Last edited by kearns643; 01-13-2007, 02:33 PM.
          Family Autograph Thread
          http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

You might also want to look up "This Is For Teddy Ballgame" by Terry Cashman, which he sang at the ring presentation ceremony in '05.
            --Annie
            Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
            Remember Yellowdog
            ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by maximum jack

EDIT:
              Thanks MJ, I actually do have that CD lying around somewhere, just need to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                Don't forget "Tessie", by Dropkick Murphys.
                Ah, how could I.... I only heard it like 10,000 times in from 04 to 05. But yes, It definately works, and i'm a big dropkick fan so it's perfect.

Comment

Pinetree John & the Designated Hitters

Here's that song Evan mentioned, it's pretty darn catchy. If I owned a cell phone it would be my new ringtone.

http://www.soxsong.com/
                  "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

It's not technically a Sox song, but I think you have to include "Sweet Caroline". Maybe put it at track #7. lol. Anyways, It's not a Sox song, but it's a part of Red Sox Nation.

Comment

There was a song put out during the 04-05 off-season called "Red Sox" which is a rap about the 2005 team. I can't find it online, but i got it on my computer and might be able to email it to you or something.

Comment

What about "Dirty Water"! That's a must!
                        sigpic
                        Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                        Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter
                          What about "Dirty Water"! That's a must!
                          Dirty Water and Sweet Caroline are both musts!

Comment

Here's what I have:

Tony Conigliaro - Please Play Our Song
                            Tony Conigliaro - Little Red Scooter (Putt-Putt)
                            Tony Conigliaro - Limited Man
                            ?? - Carl Yastrzemski song
                            Terry Cashman (?) - Talkin' Boston Baseball

Great stuff! Tony C. was quite the recording artist in the Boston area when he was king. Did the night clubs too.

Comment

Speaking of Red Sox songs, Bronson Arroyo who I believe does his own redition of "Dirty Water" will be performing in a benefit concert in NH this Sunday, here is a link with the details, for those interested:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/0...or-arroyo.html

Here's another article where Bronson Arroyo talks about his Music and the song "Dirty Water" on his album.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/0...o.q.and.a.html
                              Last edited by Dogdaze; 01-12-2007, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X