No announcement yet.

Red Sox Songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im putting together a pretty sweet CD, I'll let you guys know what the track list ends up being.
    Last edited by EvanAparra; 01-15-2007, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I'd definetely like a track list, so that I can make something similar.

BTW this is off-topic, but when do players report to ST? I think I remember hearing February 15, then games start in March... Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by Jager
        It's not technically a Sox song, but I think you have to include "Sweet Caroline". Maybe put it at track #7. lol. Anyways, It's not a Sox song, but it's a part of Red Sox Nation.
        I'd put "New England" by Jonathan Richman in there for the same reason. I've never heard his Red Sox specific song. I did see him live back in Chicago years ago with just a drummer for backup and he brought the house down.
        "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

I used to work in a record store. The day after the Sox won the WS I was the first one to open the store. Needless to say I was BLARING Boston's "More than a Feeling." I'm not even a huge classic rock fan, but that song, after waiting my whole life for a WST, gave me goosebumps.
          "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Losing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Pondering Judd

Listen here:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/ponderingjudd2

A New England band

The pain of last night's loss won't wash away
            Please tell me when will this losing ever end
            It chased me into bed, and it filled my dreams with dread
            But they say you're only as good as your next game

In Baltimore, it began to rain
            And we had to live with losing one more day
            Hotel room without a window Playing cards and drinking Bushmills
            Couldn't chase that one bad inning from our heads

From here to Cleveland to Chicago New York City's dark and hollow
            When you're standing without pinstripes on your grays

At 4:15, we got off the train
            The ink was barely dry upon the page we slept a while in the bunker
            Chased the traffic down to Kenmore and we put away our losing once again

Around the cage you sensed my urgency
            It was 7:00 by the time we took the field
            With number one upon and hill and October at our heels
            We took two of three from Oakland here at home

When your standing without pinstripes on your grays

This song is just an awesome song...I mean it rocks...and it is about
            my Boston Red Sox and how they have always lost (sans 2004).

When you're standing without pinstripes on your grays

Losing in Cleveland, then Chicago only to get beat up by the New York Yankees (pinstrips)
            at NY (on your grays..away unifroms)

At 4:15, we got off the train
            The ink was barely dry upon the page we slept a while in the bunker
            Chased the traffic down to Kenmore and we put away our losing once again

The team just get off the train the press is crucifing them...(Boston Globe...Herald).
            They hibernate in the bunker and have
            to chase the traffic down to Kenmore Square (where the famous Citgo sign is)

With number one upon and hill and October at our heels

That would be Lonborg, Tiant, Clemens, Pedro, Schilling...and for most years October never happend.
            Family Autograph Thread
            http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
              Any old or new Red Sox songs out there? I'm trying to make a CD of pure Sox songs and I dont have many...

Ive got one called "The Red Sox Song" that I cant find the name of the artist for. It goes like... "And as I walk on down the street, I see those Fenway lights, in the park and up to my seat, i'm so excited i'm at the game tonight!' Then something like 'Cause its the Red Sox year, im talking Red Sox here today... Cause its the red sox year, they're going all the way" If anyone knows who sings this, please let me know.

Then there's a free-style done by Akrobatik that pretty much makes fun of players like Offerman and Garciaparra, but its funny nevertheless...

I also remember one where he talks about going to the game wearing his Garciaparra shirt and watching Pedro beat the Yanks... but that was on my old computer and I cant find it anymore..

So if you know the names of these songs or any other red sox related ones let me know! Thanks.

p.s. I think Im going to put a couple of Bronson's song on there too come to think of it.
              Evan, did you ever get a CD together? I'm interested to hear a track list.

Comment

Not sure how many of you are fans of indie, lo-fi pop, but Boston native, Desmond Reed wrote a song about each of the players in the Red Sox line-up (post-Manny). You can listen to the whole thing here:

http://www.desmondreedmusic.com/lineup/

It's pretty entertaining and you can listen to the whole thing in about 10 minutes. My personal favorites:"Lowell", "Bay" and the bonus track "Lugo".
                "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

I was just thinking about these songs the other day. I came on here this morning to see if the link I posted for these songs still worked. It did not, but I did find my three favorite songs on YouTube. Did anyone in the Boston area ever see a hard copy version of this? I think it was called "Lineup" by Desmond Reed. I'm heading over to MySpace to see if this guy might still have these tracks available.

Comment

Originally posted by Jager View Post
                    It's not technically a Sox song, but I think you have to include "Sweet Caroline". Maybe put it at track #7. lol. Anyways, It's not a Sox song, but it's a part of Red Sox Nation.
                    #7? If you're correlating it to when it gets played at Fenway, it would be #8 (song gets played in middle of the 8th).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X