This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Thread

This is a bit irregular, and I'm going to try not to start many polls along these lines, but I am curious as to the sentiments out there concerning the Offseason Thread, after discussing it last night (I appreciate those of you who posted in that thread...thanks). The information Annie and I gain here can be shared with mods in other forums, too, as the highly active forums all have offseason threads.

I've thought about the issue since last night, and I realize that I truly don't feel tied down to any idea. Annie, if you have anything to add, please chime in.

Anyone can vote, as it's an issue that affects several forums.

Here are your choices:

1. I don't like all those offseason posts in one long thread. It should be
    eliminated.

2. I like the offseason thread, but I think that for larger rumors/tradetalk,
    starting separate threads makes sense.

3. I think it makes sense to put all offseason conjecture in one thread. When
    a trade/move actually happens, then a new thread can be started.
    I don't like all the offseason posts in one long thread. It should be eliminated.
    61.54%
    I like the offseason thread, but for larger rumors/tradetalk, starting separate threads makes sense.
    23.08%
    It makes sense to put all offseason conjecture in one thread...an actual move warrants a new thread.
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by SoxSon; 01-29-2007, 01:38 PM.
    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Great idea, I was about to PM you on the subject.

Comment

I'd have to say that I almost never look at the big common offseason thread, only those on specific topics.
      "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

I think the offseason stuff should be for rumors, speculation, and Lineup projections, but the actual trades should have their own threads.

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn
          I'd have to say that I almost never look at the big common offseason thread, only those on specific topics.
          Same. Individual topics allow for more organized discussion.

Comment

A topic will attract more attention and discussion than a giant pinned topic with all the rumors. I say get rid of it. I rarely check it myself. Just recently do I check it since the Helton rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kyle-
              I think the offseason stuff should be for rumors, speculation, and Lineup projections, but the actual trades should have their own threads.
              I agree with Kyle.

Initially I voted # 2. "I like the offseason thread, but I think that for larger rumors/tradetalk, starting separate threads makes sense."

But with all the talk on the Todd Helton deal, I keep going back to the offseason thread and the other thread on Helton. So now we have two posts regarding this potentail trade which doesn't make sense. I'd rather the talk on Helton or any other potential trade rumor have it's own thread.

Plus I see others sometimes ignore the large offseason thread

So perhaps it would be best to just have individual threads for each trade speculation to keep discussions in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogdaze
                But with all the talk on the Todd Helton deal, I keep going back to the offseason thread and the other thread on Helton. So now we have two posts regarding this potentail trade which doesn't make sense. I'd rather the talk on Helton or any other potential trade rumor have it's own thread.
                This is really quite confusing. . . currently. Could we have merger?
                "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Originally posted by maximum jack
                  This is really quite confusing. . . currently. Could we have merger?

I've held off on merging the Helton thread into the Offseason thread, as this is the exact issue that we've been discussing, maximum jack. I think we'll let it stay where it is for now. Post in either spot, I suppose.
                  "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Well, this didn't generate the amount of interest I had hoped, but it did give me a sense of where some of you regulars stand on the issue.

After talking with Annie more about it, we both think a good compromise is to unsticky the thread. That way, it loses some of its grand importance, but anyone can still keep it afloat if they like. As far as I'm concerned, if anyone wants to post in that thread, feel free, and if you'd rather start a new thread, that's fine, too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X