Going Back In Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Back In Time

If you had a chance to go back in time, which player or players would you love to be able to see play? I am going to say I would love to have seen Lynn, Rice and Evans playing together. I am old enough to have seen Rice during his last few seasons with the Sox, and was fortunate enough to be able to watch Dewey play for most of his later years with the Sox, but I would love to see the three of them together. I just think that that was one heck of an outfield, and to see all three of them in the lineup together, now that is what I call baseball. I would love to hear some other opinions.

Scott

That would be great, wouldn't it?

I was reading about Jimmy Collins last year, and I would love to have seen him play. That's going WAY back, I know, but he must have been something to see.
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Comment

Ted Williams, Bobby Doerr
      sigpic
      Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
      Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Hans Wagner, Babe Ruth, Tris Speaker, Jimmie Foxx, Lefty Grove, and Ty Cobb.
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
          Hans Wagner, Babe Ruth, Tris Speaker, Jimmie Foxx, Lefty Grove, and Ty Cobb.
          I would love to see Smokey Joe pitch in his prime, and see TW and Foxx in a lineup together. Not a peak time for either one of them, unfortunately, but I think the combo would still be dynamite.
          I think that Yaz in his huge tear late in '67 would have been awesome to witness (I wasn't quite 1 yet).
          The early years of the Babe must have been mind boggling.
          "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

I wish I could have Ground Hog Day experience with game 7, ALCS in 2004. Oh btw, happy Ground Hog's Day!
            "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

I would love to see YAZ! He's my favorite.

Comment

I would love to see Ted Williams, Yaz, Jimmy Collins, Jimmie Foxx, Lefty Grove, Cy Young, Tris Speaker, Smokey Joe Wood.
                "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

ted williams in baseball...as for my other sport, i always wish i could've seen just how badly jim brown dominated college lacrosse.
                  Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Ted Williams for sure...the best hitter ever

Comment

Matthewson, Cobb, Jackson, Speaker, Charlseton, Johnson, Grove, Wagner, Ruth on the Mound for the Sox, Ruth on the '27 Yanks, Foxx, Dizzy Dean, Paige, DiMaggio, Williams, Reiser, Musial, Mantle and Mays. Am I allowed more - or is that too greedy already?
                      Last edited by TRfromBR; 02-05-2007, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilWings24
                        ted williams in baseball...as for my other sport, i always wish i could've seen just how badly jim brown dominated college lacrosse.
                        Have you ever been to SU's Carrier Dome? There is a Hall of Fame Room with some photos and information about Jim Brown's lacrosse exploits. I don't know much about his career. You might want to contact the Carrier Dome and ask them what they do have that's related to his lacrosse career.
                        "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                        "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Wagner, Ruth, Cobb, Alexander, Johnson, George Wright, McGraw, Shoeless Joe, Satchel Paige, Buck Ewing, and Jose Mendez.
                          "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                          "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X