0.00%
    Win The Wild Card; but lose early
    19.05%
    Finish 2nd, but not the WC
    14.29%
    Finish 3rd or Worse
    4.76%

The poll is expired.

I voted win it all, but in fact I was voting for winning the AL East and making trouble in the playoffs. These last few years have shown me that anything can happen in the playoffs. I'm optimisitc if the pitching comes together.

Comment

Originally posted by vtbub
      How do they do?
      I'm still not really sure yet. I'd have to see how Beckett and Wakefield do. Last year those two did not have good command of the strikezone albeit a knuckleballer is unpredictable, but still not a good year for either of those two. However if Beckett becomes more strategic with his pitching and Wakefield, who knows what Wakefield will do, but if Beckett can turn it around then I will be more optimistic than I already am.

Comment

I'm very optimistic about this team. There are many question marks though. How will Matsuzaka and Papelbon do in the rotation, can Lester come back, are Wake, Coco, Manny, Tek, etc over last years injuries, can Drew stay healthy, can Lugo play better than in LA last year, can Pedroia play good in the Majors, can Lowell have another solid year, and probably the biggest thing, how does the bullpen do. We have a million questions going into the season, but I do absolutely think we can contend for the title. Our rotation is potentially the best in the majors. With all that said, I can't wait for this season to start. I'm very excited. I will be watching all the games, coutesy of DirecTV MLB Extra Innings. lol. I can't wait for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jager
          I'm very optimistic about this team. There are many question marks though. How will Matsuzaka and Papelbon do in the rotation, can Lester come back, are Wake, Coco, Manny, Tek, etc over last years injuries, can Drew stay healthy, can Lugo play better than in LA last year, can Pedroia play good in the Majors, can Lowell have another solid year, and probably the biggest thing, how does the bullpen do. We have a million questions going into the season, but I do absolutely think we can contend for the title. Our rotation is potentially the best in the majors. With all that said, I can't wait for this season to start. I'm very excited. I will be watching all the games, coutesy of DirecTV MLB Extra Innings. lol. I can't wait for this season.
          MLB.TV for me. Quick question: Can you order MLB.TV early so you can watch spring training games?

Comment

I'm not sure about MLB.TV, but I know that you can't on DirecTV. I wish you could, but unfortunetely not. I guess I'll be limited to the 2 or 3 games they show on tv.

Comment

I'm not sure about MLB.TV, but I know that you can't on DirecTV. I wish you could, but unfortunetely not. I guess I'll be limited to the 2 or 3 games they show on tv.
              I get YES and they always televise the Red Sox-Yankees spring training matchups. So other than that and the occasional ESPN broadcast I don't get to see much of spring training as far as the Red Sox are concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by winningtheweapon
                MLB.TV for me. Quick question: Can you order MLB.TV early so you can watch spring training games?

You can. I would check to see if they are part of the regular season package or if you need to buy their offseason subscription.

Comment

My sentiments exactly Jager. I'm very optomistic about this year for the Sox. One reason is our starting pitchers. ESPN picked the Red Sox as the team with the best starting rotation in 2007;

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hotsto...tim&id=2760117

Also our offense has improved over last year with the addition of J.D. Drew and Lugo, plus a healthy Crisp, Manny and Veritek should also help to improve our offense compared to last year.

Pedroia is a question mark, hopefully he will make the adjustment to the big leagues and produce as the Sox management feels he can.

Our pen is also a question mark, but it has improved compared to last year. The biggest question mark to me is if they can find a reliable closer.

So I'm very optomistic this year, I believe the Sox will make the playoffs, and from there anything is possible.

Comment

I believe the Sox to be in much better shape heading into this year than they were heading into last year. On paper, I think the Sox have one of the strongest teams in baseball, but the season is such a crapshoot that it's so difficult to predict what will happen, especially in the AL East where the Yankees project to be up there as usual, but the Blue Jays should also be improved and very potent. I also believe that both the Orioles and Devil Rays will be improved from last year, and you never know when a team will suddenly put it together, especially when it has some young pitchers, just like the Tigers last year. That could be the Orioles this year - remember a few years ago, they were in first place around the All Star break. I don't think the Orioles will be that team this year, but I wouldn't be surprised.

If I had to make a predicition for the Sox, I'd say that they'll either win the division or miss the playoffs again. Why no Wild Card? Because I believe the Sox will either be very strong, or that things will unravel just enough like they did last year - I don't think there is a middle ground for this team, they'll either dominate, or fall off like last year and be passed by any number of AL Central teams (the Tigers, Twins, White Sox, and Indians all look to have to have a viable chance at this point) and the Yankees and/or Blue Jays.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
                      I believe the Sox will either be very strong, or that things will unravel just enough like they did last year - I don't think there is a middle ground for this team, they'll either dominate, or fall off like last year and be passed by any number of AL Central teams (the Tigers, Twins, White Sox, and Indians all look to have to have a viable chance at this point) and the Yankees and/or Blue Jays.

That's the heart of the matter, XX. I think you're dead-on. There's no security in mediocrity in 2007.
                      "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

The BoSox need too many "if's" to come up their way. Second to the Yanks again and maybe no wild card even.
                        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Well I'll say they win the WC. Dunno after that...
                          "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X