No announcement yet.

Foulke retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but before Foulke said "We Won", he said "Holy ----" lol. That was the funniest part to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake
      I think that should have been Trot Nixon, but to each his own.
      I say Bellhorn, but I'm a little biased...
      I've told the story on BBF before and won't repeat the whole thing, but Foulke unequivocally called the '04 title at the Boston BB Writer's dinner the winter before. It was an electric moment, and it gave me shivers to remember it as I was jumping up and down celebrating the WS win.
      Foulke had some serious pitching smarts and some monstrous huevos to get ML hitters out with two individually unexceptional pitches. Some of the swings he would get with that change when it was set up properly...
      Last edited by hellborn; 02-16-2007, 06:04 PM.
      "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Can we say he's greedy?

Couldn't he have waited, collected his money from his contract, then retire? Instead, he retired today and will collect nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion
          Can we say he's greedy?

Couldn't he have waited, collected his money from his contract, then retire? Instead, he retired today and will collect nothing.
          It seems every year just as Spring Training starts, we get at least one player that does this. I'm guessing the reality of going back to the grind hits them hard and causes them to rethink their position.

Foulke is only 34, wouldn't be surprised to see him make a comeback in a year or two after given his body and perhaps mind some time to heal. Heck, even Jim Parque is in a camp this Spring and he hasn't thrown a pitch in the Majors since 2003 and hasn't had any success since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
            Foulke is only 34, wouldn't be surprised to see him make a comeback in a year or two after given his body and perhaps mind some time to heal.
            I was thinking the same thing. I can see him sitting at home for a year, then getting the itch to pitch again.

Comment

This looks like right where he's about to say "we won". That looks like a W forming. Aah, I remember it like it was yesterday....
              And the Red Sox walk-off with the win!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X