Happy Birthday, FlashGordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many happy returns, Flash!

Sorry I'm late... but the thought is sincere!
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon View Post
      One nice thing about having a birthday in February--it syncs up nicely with Spring Training.
      Beats the heck out of October 25th (mine). Yup, that's right, I got Game 6 (1986) on my 18th B-Day.

Happy (belated) birthday, FG!
      "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn View Post
        Happy Bday to Flash!!

This is only tangentially related, but...when Flash Gordon would enter Red Sox games, did the team play the Flash Gordon song by Queen??
        I don't believe so, but then I never saw him pitch live. I spent half of 1998 (his biggest year) following him on the Internet from Germany. One of my top regrets.

2007 World Series Champions
        The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X