The 2007 Red Sox Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2007 Red Sox Game Thread

Here's the full ST schedule; the broadcast schedule is on another thread.

Feb. 28: v. Minn., 7.05pm TIE - 4-4 (10 innings)
    March 1: @ Tor., 1.05pm (ss); v. NEU, 1.05pm (ss) Game 1: Loss; Tor 4, Sox 1; Game 2: Win; Sox 11, NEU 0
    March 2: v. Tor., 12.30pm (ss); v. BC, 6.05pm (ss) Game 1: Loss; Tor 9, Sox 6 (10 innings); Game 2: Win; Sox 9, BC 1
    March 3: v. Phil., 1.05pm Loss; Phil 12, Sox 9
    March 4: @ Minn., 1.05pm Win; Sox 6, Twins 1
    March 5: v. LAD, 1.05pm Loss; LAD 2, Sox 1
    March 6: @ Fla., 1.05pm Win; Sox 14, FLA 6 (10 innings)
    March 7: v. NYM, 1.05pm Win; Sox 9, NYM 5
    March 8: @ Minn., 1.05pm (ss); v. Tor., 1.05pm (ss) Game 1: Loss; Minn 1, Sox 0; Game 2: Win; Sox 3, Tor 2
    March 9: @ Phil., 1.05pm Win; Sox 11, Phil 10
    March 10: @ Det., 1.05pm Win; Sox 7, Det. 6
    March 11: v. Bal., 1.05pm Loss; Bal 5, Sox 3
    March 12: v. NYY, 7.05pm Win; Sox 7, NYY 5
    March 13: @ Tor., 1.05pm Loss; Tor 1, Sox 0
    March 14: v. Pit., 1.05pm Loss; Pit 3, Sox 2
    March 15: @ NYM, 7.10pm Loss; NYM 4, Sox 1
    March 16: @ LAD, 1.05pm Win (if you want to call it that); Sox5, LAD 1, 2.5 innings (rain)
    March 17: v. Cin., 1.05pm Loss; Cin 2, Sox 1
    March 18: @ Bal., 1.05pm Win, Sox 2, Bal 1
    March 19: OFF
    March 20: v. Minn., 7.05pm Win; Sox 6, Minn 5
    March 21: @ Pit., 1.05pm Win; Sox 7, Pit 3
    March 22: @ Phil., 1.05pm Tie, 4-4 (10 innings)
    March 23: v. Bal., 1.05pm Win; Sox 3, Bal 2
    March 24: @ TB, 1.05pm Tie, 1-1 (10 innings)
    March 25: v. Fla., 1.05pm Win; Sox 12, Marlins 6
    March 26: @ Cin., 1.05pm Loss; Cin 5, Sox 0
    March 27: v. Pit., 1.05pm Loss; Pit 3, Sox 2
    March 28: @ Minn., 7.05pm Win; Sox 5, Minn 4 Sox win coveted Mayor's Cup
    March 29: v. TB, 1.05pm Tie, 3-3
    March 30: @ Phil., 7.05pm (Citizens Bank Park) Win; Sox 6, Phil 5
    March 31: @ Phil., 1.05pm (Citizens Bank Park) Win; Sox 7, Phil 5

ST Totals: 16-12-4
    Last edited by VTSoxFan; 04-01-2007, 05:53 AM.
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

The 2007 Red Sox Game Thread

The purpose of this thread is to catalogue reactions to in-game action. Feel free to begin a new thread if you'd rather, but I do think it's handy to have one thread for smaller issues (a certain catch, a pitch selection, etc.) It's my feeling that ST game info should go in this thread as well, as those games are well...also games.

Here's hoping that 2007 is a great year!!!

P.S. (I know you didn't start the thread, Annie, but your merged post went first! )

I'm going back in time to make an addendum to this intro post:
    Contributions to this thread need to offer more than simply a log of play-by-play information (ex: Ortiz hit the ball to left field), and I should have been cleaer about that up front. That kind of information can be found on any large sports site. This thread is about analysis of gameplay and issues surrounding gameplay. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing no analysis, as they detract from the purpose of this thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by SoxSon; 06-04-2007, 02:43 PM. Reason: Addendum
    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

6 Days until the first spring training game. I'm excited! Anyone know who starts the first game?

Comment

Should look like this:

Wednesday vs. Minnesota: Schilling
        Thursday vs. Northeastern: Beckett
        Friday vs. Toronto: Snyder
        Friday vs. Boston College: Matsuzaka
        Saturday vs. Philadelphia: Wakefield, followed by Papelbon

Comment

One day away now! Anyone else excited about tomorrow?

Comment

I'm very excited. About everything, but especially Matsuzaka's first start.

Comment

The Spring Training Report

Today's news:
              Terry Francona reportedly has said Manny Ramirez won't play in Wednsday's game vs. Twins.

To reassure themselves that Craig Hansen isn't seriously hurt, the Sox gave the reliever an MRI for his ailing back. Results are positive.

Mike Timlin says he feels better after having a mild oblique spasm Sunday.

Abe Alvarez has left camp to tend to family matters.

Wily Mo Pena has been working out overtime to improve his subpar defense the last few days.
              "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

Originally posted by keepthefaith3
                To reassure themselves that Craig Hansen isn't seriously hurt, the Sox gave the reliever an MRI for his ailing back. Results are positive.
                Thanks for the run-down, but could you please explain this statement. Usually a "positive" MRI is a bad thing for a player and his team.

2007 World Series Champions
                The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Jacoby Ellsbury is supposedly in the lineup for Tonight's game, not Crisp.

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
                    Thanks for the run-down, but could you please explain this statement. Usually a "positive" MRI is a bad thing for a player and his team.
                    I saw the report too. In this case, "positive" means "good", as Hansen just has a muscle ache, not a skeletal or nerve problem.
                    --Annie
                    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                    Remember Yellowdog
                    ABNY

Comment

Red Sox: Curt Schilling, Joel Pineiro, Brendan Donnelly, Julian Tavarez, Manny Delcarmen, J.C. Romero, Bryan Corey, and Renelvys Hernandez.

Twins: Matt Garza, Scott Baker, Brad Voyles, Julio DePaula, and Jason Miller.

1. Julio Lugo, SS
                      2. Kevin Youkilis, 1B
                      3. David Ortiz, DH
                      4. Jason Varitek, C
                      5. Mike Lowell, 3B
                      6. Wily Mo Pena, RF
                      7. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
                      8. David Murphy, LF
                      9. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF

Comment

KTF--
                        I think if you peek back at the "games" thread, you'll see that ST is supposed to be part of that, as ST games are games, too.

What I'll do is merge this one with that. My intent isn't to squash your thread...I just wasn't sure if you understood the function of the games thread. If you'd rather have it on its own, feel free to pm me and we'll work it out.
                        Last edited by SoxSon; 02-28-2007, 02:39 PM.
                        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

is there a specific thread for the twins games tonight or do we post about it in here?

Comment

This is the spot, redsoxfan407.

I know it's essentially meaningless, but it was nice to see Schilling put down the first three batters, huh? Not sure why Youk handed that ball off to him on the third out, but hey...it was an out.

Comment

ugh, Chad Spann had two ugly errors...

J.C Romero pitched very good. Lefties had absolutely no chance of hitting something he threw...Donnelly was also very good. Hard-thrower.

It's 4-4. Lugo, Ortiz with RBI's and Red Sox top prospect Jacoby Ellsbury had two.

Joe Mauer hit a three-run homerun of Julian Tavarez.
                              Last edited by SwissRedSoxFan; 02-28-2007, 07:11 PM.
                              I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X