The 2007 Red Sox Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox Rolling Rally

Starting at noon today at Fenway Park the Sox are hopping onto Duck Boats and winding their way through Boston. It's supposed to be a sunny day so it should be lots of fun!!
    Show your championship pride and own a piece of history. ClassicHeadlines.com: Collectible front page tees and posters celebrating another Sox' World Series victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan View Post
      It's really hard to pick an MVP when there is a short series with contributions from many. I have no problem with Mike Lowell getting the honors, but it could as easily have gone to Papelbon (3 saves in 4 games) or Pedroia, or Ellsbury.
      I would probably have given it to Papelbon, particularly in light of his roles in games 2 & 4. Were Gagne our closer on those nights...well, no need to go there. Lowell is certainly a deserving candidate, however.

2007 World Series Champions
      The Boston Red Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake View Post
        Does anyone know where I could find ANY other call outside of Joe Buck's montone junk? He sounds like he's using the same voice he would use to order at a drive-thru. I don't even care if its the Rockies radio voices, they were probably more excited too.
        I don't know if you're a fan of Jon (John?) Miller, but it seems like they played his call on ESPN yesterday during one of the highlights. Does he do ESPN radio?
        "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

• Originally posted by maximum jack View Post
          I don't know if you're a fan of Jon (John?) Miller, but it seems like they played his call on ESPN yesterday during one of the highlights. Does he do ESPN radio?
          Im pretty sure he was doing ESPN radio, but I just cant find his call either.
          Originally posted by Domenic
          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Does anyone know where I could find ANY other call outside of Joe Buck's montone junk? He sounds like he's using the same voice he would use to order at a drive-thru. I don't even care if its the Rockies radio voices, they were probably more excited too.
            I checked Redsox.com (which usually has it) but can't find it. I'll keep looking..

Comment

• Straight from Ausssstin Tejas!
              Attached Files
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Straight from Ausssstin Tejas!
                So Westlake, are you one of the people in these pictures, or are you always behind the camera?

Comment

• Originally posted by DickZ View Post
                  So Westlake, are you one of the people in these pictures, or are you always behind the camera?
                  No, ex-girlfriend took all the pictures. Im in the Lester jersey. I've got my arm around the guy with the broom in the first one. I still say my Lester jersey willed Johnny to victory.

Comment

I still say my Lester jersey willed Johnny to victory.
                    I'm pretty sure it was the cancer or lack there of.

Comment

• Though the season is over, I'll leave this thread stickied till the end of the week, so anyone who wants to get in some cheers can do so.

It was quite a ride, wasn't it? I wouldn't miss it for the world.
                      --Annie
                      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                      Remember Yellowdog
                      ABNY

Comment

• Unfortunately, I did miss a lot of it. I had this annoying project called the Ph.D. thesis to finish up. After I sacrificed most of the last year to get it done, I think of the the World Series victory as karmic reward for the work. I now have a doctoral degree and a World Series winning team, while the Yankees are crumbling. Maybe there is balance in the universe after all.

I also want to thank Annie and especially SoxSon for picking up my slack this year. The alternative for me would have been flat out walking away, but this place means too much to me for that to happen.

I'm especially excited because now the words, "Just wait until next year!" feel more like a valid threat to the rest of the MLB. I honestly can't wait.

2007 World Series Champions
                        The Boston Red Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan View Post
                          Though the season is over, I'll leave this thread stickied till the end of the week, so anyone who wants to get in some cheers can do so.

It was quite a ride, wasn't it? I wouldn't miss it for the world.
                          Strange Annie, somehow I don't share your feelings...

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                            Strange Annie, somehow I don't share your feelings...
                            We in Red Sox Nation think Annie is quite normal. Now if you want to find some weirdos, you should try the Yankees' site.

Comment

• Originally posted by DickZ View Post
                              We in Red Sox Nation think Annie is quite normal. Now if you want to find some weirdos, you should try the Yankees' site.
                              I too think that Annie is quite normal (for a Red Sox fan ).

There are a lot of weirdos on our board. I have to admit that. But at least I am the most normal Yankee fan there is...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X