Matt Clement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Clement

As I heard, he is with all other players, and will be throwing, if nothing comes between it, in about seven days...

I think he should be ready by mid april or so...
    I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Originally posted by SwissRedSoxFan
    As I heard, he is with all other players, and will be throwing, if nothing comes between it, in about seven days...

Good to hear. I really didn't hear much about him this offseason with the JD and D-mat stuff going on. Good to see he's coming back soon, although that means we'll have 7 starters (Schill, D-mat, Wake, Lester, Beckett, Papelbon and him)

Comment

Originally posted by SwissRedSoxFan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why can't they just release him already?

Comment

I don't know why he had such a big falldown after his hot streak in the pre-all star game of 2005. Could it be that hitters beginning to notice his stuffs?
        What Igawa does for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7KzVSA7eBY

Comment

Originally posted by AcidLake
          I don't know why he had such a big falldown after his hot streak in the pre-all star game of 2005. Could it be that hitters beginning to notice his stuffs?
          No, it's his wildness. Sometimes he just cant seem to find the strike zone.
          Originally posted by Domenic
          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

An article I read today said that he hasn't been cleared to start throwing yet - -perhaps in a week or so. He won't be pitching in games before June at the earliest, I guess.

Clement article

Torn labrum AND rotator cuff -- ow!
            --Annie
            Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
            Remember Yellowdog
            ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by winningtheweapon
              NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why can't they just release him already?
              Lose all that money?

Comment

could be that his arm was shredded and ready to fall off...but he kept pitching anyway.

Comment

At the time, some writers attributed it to taking a liner off the head after the break...although, I seem to remember that his poor pitching didn't coincide exactly with that injury. Can't remember if he was already pitching poorly when it happened or the falloff came after.
                  "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

I don't want Clement back. We've already got a six man rotation, the bullpen is already full, I doubt he can regain his medicore form after having major surgeries, and do we really want a pitcher who almost wets himself when a batted ball comes close to him?
                    "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X