Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox lock up Arroyo for Three Years (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox lock up Arroyo for Three Years (merged)

Here's the story from today's Globe:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...r_three_years/

Well, we're set up for starters for a while, aren't we?
    --Annie
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
    Remember Yellowdog
    ABNY

Dirt Dogs just had a little blip about Arroyo for Griffey Jr. Has anyone got the details?

Comment

At least my girlfriend...err...fiancé will be happy.

2007 World Series Champions
      The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Congratulations, Flash! My very best to the two of you!
        --Annie
        Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
        Remember Yellowdog
        ABNY

Comment

Arroyo has signed up for 3 years at $4M per year. I have heard nothing about Arroyo for Griffey anyway. Probably just idle speculation.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Red Sox lock up Arroyo for Three Years (merged)

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSo...ticleid=122072

BOSTON - Right-hander Bronson Arroyo and the Boston Red Sox agreed Thursday to a three-year contract worth about $12 million, avoiding arbitration.

Arroyo went 14-10 with a 4.51 ERA last season, pitching 205 1-3 innings.

He made $1,925,000 last season and asked for $4.2 million in arbitration. The team offered $2.95 million.

Arroyo reached the majors with Pittsburgh in 2000. Boston claimed him off waivers in February 2003, and he spent the following season with Boston’s Triple-A affiliate in Pawtucket, R.I., where he was named International League Pitcher of the Year.

He was 10-9 with a 4.03 ERA in 2004, his first full season in the majors, making 29 starts and a handful of relief appearances. He made six postseason appearances, including two starts, during Boston’s World Series run that year, posting no record and a 7.81 ERA.
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
              At least my girlfriend...err...fiancé will be happy.

Good luck, Flash. Regardless of what your buddies may be telling you, marriage is a blessing. Really. I'm not kidding.
              "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

This article, from today's Globe:

Arroyo's Deal? He Loves It Here

This article apparently scotches the Griffey rumor.

I'm merging this with the other Arroyo thread.
                --Annie
                Remember Yellowdog
                ABNY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X