Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffey for Arroyo?

on Bostondirtdogs.com there is little information about griffey going
    to the sox for arroyo? what do you guys think? i think id take griffey for arroyo.. plus we need a CF real bad. he's what the brief article said:

From the "Take It for What It's Worth" department: WEEI's John Metaparel had a "scoop" this morning that the Red Sox were interested in Cincinnati's Ken Griffey Jr., who could possibly come to Boston in a trade involving pitcher Bronson Arroyo.
    twitter.com/NewEnglandFans

He could be a huge force in there with Manny, and Big Papi! I was hoping the Cubs would go after him, but no such luck. He is a class act that's for sure.

Comment

Griffey for Arroyo? Griffey's health is always a question but Griffey for Arroyo would be ludicrous on the part of the Reds. Maybe Griffey for Arroyo and Marte and someone else..I could see that.

Comment

DoubleX, I think the Reds management has prove they have no clue what they're doing for quite some time. Trading a productive future Hall of Famer for a number 4 or 5 pitcher is an absolutely ridicoulous deal on the part of the Reds. I don't know if I would want Griffey and his injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion
          DoubleX, I think the Reds management has prove they have no clue what they're doing for quite some time. Trading a productive future Hall of Famer for a number 4 or 5 pitcher is an absolutely ridicoulous deal on the part of the Reds. I don't know if I would want Griffey and his injuries.
          Heck, if you can get Griffey for a superfluous starter (because the Sox do have a couple of extra starters right now), you gotta pull the trigger on that trade, even with Griffeys injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
            Griffey for Arroyo? Griffey's health is always a question but Griffey for Arroyo would be ludicrous on the part of the Reds. Maybe Griffey for Arroyo and Marte and someone else..I could see that.
            Exactly. Any deal for Griffey would have to involve Matt Clement, a sinkerball pitcher who can get groundouts in that bandbox on the Ohio River. The Reds would likely ask for either Marte.

I've seen all the rumors for Griffey, being a White Sox fan. It's not going to happen, IMO.

Looks like Willie Harris will finally get his starting job...in center for the Red Sox. He hasn't played OF in about 2 or 3 years.
            Baseball is not a popularity contest. It's about one thing.

Winning.

Comment

I thought that Griffey's contract let him do whatever he wanted. I'm quite sure he has a no-trade clause, being that he signed with the Reds purely to be closer to his family, not to win games. Besides, the Sox would be lucky to have him for half the year.

Comment

In today's Globe, this article scotches the Griffey rumor, to wit:

The Sox also continue talks with other teams regarding a successor to Johnny Damon in center field, but a high-ranking Sox official shot down two rumors circulating yesterday.

One rumor making the rounds had Steve Finley, the Giants' fourth outfielder, coming to Boston for David Wells.

Another apparently inaccurate rumor had the Sox sending Arroyo to Cincinnati in a deal for Ken Griffey Jr., who is signed with the Reds through 2009 and could veto a deal to Boston.
                and added this:

...yesterday, there were ongoing conversations between the Sox and Indians aimed at bringing outfielder Coco Crisp to Boston. The deal, according to a major league source, probably would cost the Sox top prospect Andy Marte and probably would include multiple players changing sides.
                For what it's worth, the Sox GMs-For-The-Time-Being assured Arroyo that his name is not currently being handed around in any trade negotiations.
                --Annie
                Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                Remember Yellowdog
                ABNY

Comment

If Theo is coming back as GM, I'm sure he'll find something creative to fill the Sox CF and SS voids.

Comment

As long as we wouldn't have to give up John Lester and/or Papelbon, I'd do the trade. I like Arroyo, but like what others have said, we could really use a CF right now.

Comment

They just signed Arroyo to a 2 year deal, didn't they??
                      I guess they have intrest in him now...

And by the way, Arroyo has lots of potential, unlike Griffey.
                      REMEMBER THE EXPOS

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
                        As long as we wouldn't have to give up John Lester and/or Papelbon, I'd do the trade. I like Arroyo, but like what others have said, we could really use a CF right now.
                        Guess what?!??!
                        We have Coco Crisp!!! (Great move by the Boston Red Sox)
                        REMEMBER THE EXPOS

Comment

Originally posted by Gjm130
                          Guess what?!??!
                          We have Coco Crisp!!! (Great move by the Boston Red Sox)
                          No, we don't. Coco Crisp deal is still not official.

Comment

The deal is still contingent on physicals, and while it will still likely go through, Mota's health could nix the deal.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X