• Show
Clear All

• HEY COCO: welcome to BOSTON

its not 100% offical...

but hey welcome to FENWAY PARK COCO!

Theo is a genius..

LETS GO RED SOX
    twitter.com/NewEnglandFans

If this goes down, it's an absolute steal for the Red Sox. Coco Crisp is one hell of a centerfielder. In fact, I think that if this deal is made, having Crisp in center for the long run will be better than having Damon.

Meanwhile, I'd be glad to see Crisp leave the AL Central, where he has been a little pest against the White Sox.
    Baseball is not a popularity contest. It's about one thing.

Winning.

Comment

As far as I know, it is far from official.

But IF, has the Indians management gone mad? How on earth could they Crisp let go???

Comment

ESPN is reporting they have a agreed on a deal in principle, whatever the hell that means.

I like it so far.
        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
          ESPN is reporting they have a agreed on a deal in principle, whatever the hell that means.

I like it so far.
          Good move for Boston.

Why could the Yankees not think of this?:grouchy

Comment

If Coco goes to Boston...that's a good move for the Redsox, very good move.

Comment

Looks like there are several kinks to work out first. Let's not be overly hasty!
              "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I agree with all you BoSox fans-this would be a steal for you. Unless you give us Manny and agree to pay his contract or something.

What are you thinking, Shapiro? Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(please be rumor, please be rumor...)
                CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

Originally posted by BoofBonser26
                  I agree with all you BoSox fans-this would be a steal for you. Unless you give us Manny and agree to pay his contract or something.

What are you thinking, Shapiro? Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(please be rumor, please be rumor...)
                  If Shapiro does this, can he please give his Exec of the Year award to Kenny Williams (who was more deserving anyway:grouchy )?
                  Baseball is not a popularity contest. It's about one thing.

Winning.

Comment

Didn't Boston give up Marte for this Coco? I think he, along with Hanley Ramirez, were their two biggest blue chippers.
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Hanley Ramirez for Josh Beckett was a steal for the Red Sox. It's not as if Hanley was putting up unbelievable stats in the minors...The way you can look at this Indians deal is basically Edgar Renteria for Coco Crisp -- which is another steal for the Red Sox.
                      ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
                      ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

This would be a great deal for the Red Sox. Crisp is young and on the up. Not sure why the Indians want to make this deal, given that Crisp is very much a part of a young and developing nucleus they have in place. Anyway, Crisp is already almost as good as Damon, plus he's 6 years younger. A great deal for the Sox. It's not like giving up Marte is going to hurt the Sox anyway since I think Marte was acquired just to be trade bait for a deal like this one.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2301457

This is more rumor than anything else because there are no real details, but the latest from ESPN is that Marte and Mota will be moved and that Alex Gonzalez could be our new SS. Stay tuned.

2007 World Series Champions
                          The Boston Red Sox

Comment

1. Coco Crisp
                            2. Mark Loretta
                            3. David Ortiz
                            4. Manny Rameriz
                            5. Jason Varitek
                            6. Trot Nixon
                            7. Mike Lowell
                            8. Kevin Youkilis/J.T. Snow
                            9. Alex Gonzalez

Bold players are not on our team yet, but I do like that line-up. Crisp is young, he's 27, on the rise. The main chip the Indians get is Marte, who I really didn't part with, but since we're getting young talent in return, I'm all for it. Mota help the Indians off-set the hit they took to their bullpen losing Howry. I didn't want to Mota to be dealt, but I guess there is no way around it.

Good deal for the Sox. Won't say it's a steal since we really don't know how good Marte will be MLB in the future at this moment. Still, I want this official, Sox to sign Gonzalez and have Crisp at the top and I think our off-season was so horrible then.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion
                              1. Coco Crisp
                              2. Mark Loretta
                              3. David Ortiz
                              4. Manny Rameriz
                              5. Jason Varitek
                              6. Trot Nixon
                              7. Mike Lowell
                              8. Kevin Youkilis/J.T. Snow
                              9. Alex Gonzalez
                              That lineup looks a whole lot better than it did a day ago. At this stage, I'd rather have Crisp than Damon. Crisp is already almost as good and should continue to improve given that he's only 26.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X