Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox Farm System

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Red Sox Farm System

    Alright, I'm going to start this, because as of right now we have alot of good young talent in the minors, and there are a few that have been pretty dominant.

    Buchholz this year- 22.1IP, 12H, 4ER, 27/3 K/BB 1.61ERA

    Bowden this year - 33IP, 28H, 7ER, 37/7 K/BB, 1.91ERA

    Jacoby Ellsbury has finished up his season at AA with this line:

    .452 BA, .518 OBP, .644 SLG (1.162 OPS)
    73 AB, 33 hits, 10 2B, 2 3B, 13 RBI, 16 runs, 6 BB:7K, 8/9 SB
    and in his first game at AAA today he went 1-4 with 2 walks, and 1 K.

  • #2
    Good news about Ellsbury being promoted.

    Comment


    • #3
      Brandon Moss is now considered the 5th best prospect in the Red Sox system according to SoxProspects. Kind of surprising.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by winningtheweapon View Post
        Brandon Moss is now considered the 5th best prospect in the Red Sox system according to SoxProspects. Kind of surprising.
        look at his numbers this year....not at all surprising...
        I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

        Comment


        • #5
          I cannot wait to see Jacoby in the Majors. He was very exciting with the Sea Dogs when i saw him in the past year or so. When do you all think he and Bucholz will be in the Majors on a permanent basis?
          "He gave the term 'complete' a new meaning. He made the word 'superstar' seem inadequate. He had about him the touch of royalty." - Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn on Roberto Clemente

          my blog

          4-16-07 RIP Va. Tech 32

          Comment


          • #6
            Assuming Ellsbury plays decently at AAA, I wouldn't be surprised to see him with the Sox at some point this year, perhaps soon if an injury occurs at the big league level (and with J.D. Drew out there, it's a definite possibility).

            Comment


            • #7
              longterm they will make room for ellsbury. either pena or crisp. they both are very much tradeable. its too bad for them, because i think they would be both very good on a daily basis...
              I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SwissRedSoxFan View Post
                longterm they will make room for ellsbury. either pena or crisp. they both are very much tradeable. its too bad for them, because i think they would be both very good on a daily basis...
                I'd have to say they trade Crisp over Pena at this point.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Craig Hansen gave up seven runs -- three earned -- without retiring a batter as Triple-A Pawtucket blew an eight-run lead in the ninth inning against Buffalo on Saturday.

                  YUCK
                  Originally posted by Domenic
                  The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                    Craig Hansen gave up seven runs -- three earned -- without retiring a batter as Triple-A Pawtucket blew an eight-run lead in the ninth inning against Buffalo on Saturday.

                    YUCK
                    I used to be a huge fan of Hansen but ive fallen off his bandwagon as of late especially with the emergence of Papelbon. I don't think his future is with the Red Sox anymore.
                    "He gave the term 'complete' a new meaning. He made the word 'superstar' seem inadequate. He had about him the touch of royalty." - Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn on Roberto Clemente

                    my blog

                    4-16-07 RIP Va. Tech 32

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                      Craig Hansen gave up seven runs -- three earned -- without retiring a batter as Triple-A Pawtucket blew an eight-run lead in the ninth inning against Buffalo on Saturday.

                      YUCK
                      Are they changing his delivery or is he just sucking right now? Declarmen has also struggled this year but I believe I read they're changing something in his delivery.

                      Buchholz might be the best starter in the minors at the moment, now that Lincecum has been called up.
                      After an offseason scare with blood clots, Shelley Duncan said yesterday he feels "wonderful -- like a stallion"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by monkey333 View Post
                        Are they changing his delivery or is he just sucking right now? Declarmen has also struggled this year but I believe I read they're changing something in his delivery.

                        Buchholz might be the best starter in the minors at the moment, now that Lincecum has been called up.
                        Homer Bailey? How's he doing this year? Haven't heard much about him lately.
                        Originally posted by Domenic
                        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Here's Buckholz numbers from Sunday.

                          5IP 6H 2ER 8K

                          Bowden's numbers were: 6 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO

                          I love the fact that Bowden didn't walk anyone. That's a very good sign for a young pitcher.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You know, I've been thinking alot about our catching situation. I think we need to try to trade for Jarod Saltalamachia from the Braves. I saw him quite a bit on the Mississippi Braves, and he played well, and now he's in the big's with McCann hurting, and he's playing very well. I think that we should go after him offering either Hansen or Delcarmen, and another prospect. He's a very good young catcher, and that's something we lack. Kottaras just isn't hitting well at all in AAA, and couple that with the fact that he didn't hit much last year either, I think we should look into it. See how much it would cost us.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by monkey333 View Post
                              Buchholz might be the best starter in the minors at the moment, now that Lincecum has been called up.
                              Matt Garza, Andrew Miller, Luke Hochaver, Homer Bailey, Clayton Kershaw, Jeff Niemann, Philip Humber,Brandon Erbe, Nick Adenhart, Mike Pelfrey, and Adam Miller would like a word with you. However I feel that Buchholz may be closer than a good number of those guys.
                              "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

                              "I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X