This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Sea Dogs projections

Can anyone give me input as too what you think is going to be the Portland Sea Dogs roster next year. Lars Anderson, Masterson, Bates, Middlebrooks and Place.....(and others) what have you heard or read....

I go to games and special events and hound...trying to forecast and order cards...

Thanks
    Family Autograph Thread
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

• Michael Bowden
      Lars Anderson or Aaron Bates (Play same position, so I doubt they'll both be there)
      Josh Reddick (Will probably be there during the season with some success at A)
      Dustin Richardson
      Ryan Khoury
      Zack Daeges
      Justin Masterson
      Kris Johnson
      Matt Goodson
      Mark Wagner
      Jay Johnson

I don't think Middlebrooks will be with the Sea Dogs yet. Probably Lowell or Greenville. Same goes with Place.
      Originally posted by Domenic
      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by kearns643 View Post
        Can anyone give me input as too what you think is going to be the Portland Sea Dogs roster next year. Lars Anderson, Masterson, Bates, Middlebrooks and Place.....(and others) what have you heard or read....

I go to games and special events and hound...trying to forecast and order cards...

Thanks
        Wasn't Masterson promoted to AAA?

Comment

Thanks
          It's a little tough to tell yet, but I'm with you as far as getting cards together for signatures. A lot of the top Red Sox prospects don't have many (or any) cards yet, so it's a little tough at times.
          Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

• Well, I made my own little Top 10 prospects list... first two are a little obvious...

1. Clay Buchholz
            2. Jacoby Ellsbury
            3. Jed Lowrie
            4. Michael Bowden
            5. Ryan Kalish
            6. Justin Masterson
            7. Lars Anderson
            8. Will Middlebrooks
            9. Nick Hagadone
            10. Dustin Richardson

Honorable Mention..

Chris Carter
            Craig Hansen
            Josh Reddick
            Jason Place

Middlebrooks and Lowrie are the two that haven't made the bigs (it will be a while for Middlebrooks), but i'm really excited about.
            The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake View Post
              Well, I made my own little Top 10 prospects list... first two are a little obvious...

1. Clay Buchholz
              2. Jacoby Ellsbury
              3. Jed Lowrie
              4. Michael Bowden
              5. Ryan Kalish
              6. Justin Masterson
              7. Lars Anderson
              8. Will Middlebrooks
              9. Nick Hagadone
              10. Dustin Richardson

Honorable Mention..

Chris Carter
              Craig Hansen
              Josh Reddick
              Jason Place

Middlebrooks and Lowrie are the two that haven't made the bigs (it will be a while for Middlebrooks), but i'm really excited about.
              Westlake...what is your take on Hansen? Is he done? Did we bring him up too fast and rush him into the bigs? Will he ever be a quality pitcher?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
                Westlake...what is your take on Hansen? Is he done? Did we bring him up too fast and rush him into the bigs? Will he ever be a quality pitcher?

There's no way that Hansen is done. That's absurd. He was definetely rushed to the majors, like Delcarmen was, and Lester as well, because in 06 we had so many injuries that killed our pitching staff, we had no choice. Hansen is still only 24 years old, and he's still got great stuff. His mechanics got way out of whack when he came to the majors, and weren't right for a long time. The end of last season he started to look sharp again. He can definetely be a quality pitcher. Everyone said he had closer stuff, and that hasn't changed, he just has to keep him mechanics in tact while he's pitching. It's not like he's old or anything. He's still young, and younger than many guys who come up to the majors for the first time. Will he be an elite reliever? Who knows for sure, but he definetely has the stuff, and that hasn't changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jager View Post
                  There's no way that Hansen is done. That's absurd. He was definetely rushed to the majors, like Delcarmen was, and Lester as well, because in 06 we had so many injuries that killed our pitching staff, we had no choice. Hansen is still only 24 years old, and he's still got great stuff. His mechanics got way out of whack when he came to the majors, and weren't right for a long time. The end of last season he started to look sharp again. He can definetely be a quality pitcher. Everyone said he had closer stuff, and that hasn't changed, he just has to keep him mechanics in tact while he's pitching. It's not like he's old or anything. He's still young, and younger than many guys who come up to the majors for the first time. Will he be an elite reliever? Who knows for sure, but he definetely has the stuff, and that hasn't changed.
                  He ha three seasons down in the minors under his belt though, if he blows it in the majors it might be it for him with the Red Sox...
                  Best posts ever:
                  Originally posted by nymdan
                  Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                  Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                  I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
                    Hansen isn't done, but '08 is probably going to be very telling as to whether he can be what we drafted him to be, a closer. He's 24 right now, but has not shown consistent success whatsoever. His ERA in '06 was 2.30, with a good WHIP, but his K/BB ratio was 38/23, which is terrible for someone who is supposed to have closer stuff.

In '07, he had a decent ERA but again had a pretty bad K/BB. The only bright spot from his minor league numbers is that he has only given up 2 HR in 111 innings. He playing Fall Ball right now in Arizona I think, with mixed results, so we'll see how that turns out.

So, even though he has been a disappointment thus far, he's not done, but struggling in '08 could mean the Sox will be done trying to work with him, and they'll probably ship him out, if they don't this off-season.

It's a shame too, he looks a lot like Joe Nathan.. without the cojones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                      So, even though he has been a disappointment thus far, he's not done, but struggling in '08 could mean the Sox will be done trying to work with him, and they'll probably ship him out, if they don't this off-season.

It's a shame too, he looks a lot like Joe Nathan.. without the cojones.
                      Frankly if he struggles with the Red Sox or if he doesn't make the major league roster then he's done with the team, he probably won't be around after the trade deadline...
                      Best posts ever:
                      Originally posted by nymdan
                      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Mark Wagner...does he appear to be the Sea Dogs catcher in 2008?
                        Does anyone have any input here?
                        Family Autograph Thread

Comment

Mark Wagner...does he appear to be the Sea Dogs catcher in 2008?
                          Does anyone have any input here?
                          Looks that way, Kearns. I'd bet on it.

Also, guys taking steps backwards...

Bryce Cox. 0.90 ERA in '06 and over 5 in '07.

Daniel Bard had a horrendous first season in the minors. Absolutely terrible. 78 walks and only 48 Ks.

Chad Spann. Basically the worst hitter in Pawtucket this year.

Edgar Martinez. He just turned 26 and took a huge step back after a good '06. He's probably done barring a big comeback next season in Pawtucket.

Im still hoping Charlie Zink somehow makes the majors as well. Just to see him up in Boston once would be awesome.

Comment

• Matt Goodson appears to landing in Portland as well..does that sound right to you who know?
                            Family Autograph Thread

Comment

• Aaron Bates and Kris Johnson too...Westlake, what do you think of these two?
                              Family Autograph Thread

Comment

• Matt Goodson will be in Portland, as maybe a 4th starter or long reliever.

Aaron Bates should start the season in Portland as well, but get him early because the way Lars Anderson is hitting, he might not be there for long.

Kris Johnson, I really don't know. He really didn't do anything to warrant a promotion to AA, but might get it anyway just because he threw a bunch of innings in Lancaster.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X