This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
    Matt Garza, Andrew Miller, Luke Hochaver, Homer Bailey, Clayton Kershaw, Jeff Niemann, Philip Humber,Brandon Erbe, Nick Adenhart, Mike Pelfrey, and Adam Miller would like a word with you. However I feel that Buchholz may be closer than a good number of those guys.
    Yovani Gallardo!!!
    I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

Jacoby with a .467 OBP in Pawtucket so far. If he continues his torrid pace so far (combining Portland and Pawtucket stats), then I'd like to see him bat leadoff a couple of times during September callups because I think he's our permanent leadoff guy for the future.

Comment

Alright, I took this off another site, but I thought everyone would like it.

Not to be lost in the Ellsbury hype, Brandon Moss, who's 5 days younger than Jacoby, is off to a great start in his first season at AAA.

As a 20 year old, Moss rocketed in Baseball America's top 100 prospect list after a tremendous 2004 season, in which he hit .339/.402/.515 over 109 games in low A Augusta, earning a promotion to high A Sarasota where he would finish the season, hitting .422/.462/.542. He was jumped to AA to start 2005 as a 21 year old. He has spent the last two seasons at that level, putting up unspectacular .268/.337/.441 and .285/.357/.439 lines. While remaining consistent in his SLG, he saw decent increases in his BA and OBP, and just as notably, improved his strikeout totals from 129 in 2005, to 108 in 2006. He capped off the 2006 season by leading the Seadogs to the 2006 Eastern League Championship, in which he was named Playoff MVP, and team MVP for the season.

Through his first 28 games, and 101 at bats, Moss is hitting .317/.430/.604. His totals include nearly 50 percent XBH, 21 RBI, 19 walks against 25 strikeouts. As a lefty batter, he's actually hit better against lefties this season, which is promising.

Buchholz: Through his first 27 1/3 innings pitched, he's allowed just 18 hits, 3 walks and has struck out 35.

Bowden: In an extreme hitter's environment, through his first 39 innings has allowed 34 hits, 1 home run, 7 walks and has struck out 41.

Comment

Originally posted by Jager View Post
          You know, I've been thinking alot about our catching situation. I think we need to try to trade for Jarod Saltalamachia from the Braves. I saw him quite a bit on the Mississippi Braves, and he played well, and now he's in the big's with McCann hurting, and he's playing very well. I think that we should go after him offering either Hansen or Delcarmen, and another prospect. He's a very good young catcher, and that's something we lack. Kottaras just isn't hitting well at all in AAA, and couple that with the fact that he didn't hit much last year either, I think we should look into it. See how much it would cost us.
          holy crap...i was saying the same thing either last night or the game before that while watch the Braves. He is a very good catcher and i too worry about the future of that position with the Sox

Comment

Atlanta might move McCann to first base to make room for Salty.

Comment

Matt Garza, Andrew Miller, Luke Hochaver, Homer Bailey, Clayton Kershaw, Jeff Niemann, Philip Humber,Brandon Erbe, Nick Adenhart, Mike Pelfrey, and Adam Miller would like a word with you. However I feel that Buchholz may be closer than a good number of those guys.
              Buchholz has a better ERA than Garza by a run, Miller by 2 runs, Hochevar by 3 runs, and the exact same ERA as Bailey.

Only Adenhart and Kershaw has ERAs below Buchholz at this point.
              Originally posted by Domenic
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

If this thread stays active for some time (and Annie agrees, of course), we might want to think about stickying this thread. While I find myself too busy to stay on top of all the doings on the farm, I'm always interested in a quick update. I know the NY forum has a similar sticky. Thoughts?
                "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Yeah, I'll try to keep it updated. I know that on another site I go to, they often update a similar thread, so I will do my best to keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jager View Post
                    Yeah, I'll try to keep it updated. I know that on another site I go to, they often update a similar thread, so I will do my best to keep it up.
                    Definitely, keep it active!
                    I'd like to see if the thread stays busy with a variety of posters, and we'll revisit the idea after some time's gone by.
                    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Note the "at the moment". So far Buchholz has outpitched them this season. I'm glad they'd like to have a word with me though, always cool talking to top prospects.
                      After an offseason scare with blood clots, Shelley Duncan said yesterday he feels "wonderful -- like a stallion"

Comment

Buchholz landed himself on the front page of BA, #1 on this weeks hotsheet.

Buckholz K/BB is 11.66 (35/3)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/

Comment

lets sticky this thread. I like to chat up the minor leagues and get info on our guys:applaud:

Comment

I absolutely cannot wait to see Bucholz pitch in the majors, i'll bet he makes a spot start at some point this season and wouldn't be surprised to see him as a full time Starting Pitcher for us next year if they think he can do better than Schill.
                            "He gave the term 'complete' a new meaning. He made the word 'superstar' seem inadequate. He had about him the touch of royalty." - Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn on Roberto Clemente

my blog

4-16-07 RIP Va. Tech 32

Comment

I didn't realize how young Brandon Moss is. When is the ETA on him?
                              "He gave the term 'complete' a new meaning. He made the word 'superstar' seem inadequate. He had about him the touch of royalty." - Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn on Roberto Clemente

my blog

4-16-07 RIP Va. Tech 32

Comment

Position Players:

Jacoby Ellsbury OF in 4 games is hitting .375 with an OBP of .474

Bobby Scales 3B is hitting .321 with OBP of .400 and 3 HR's

David Murphy OF is hitting .306 with OBP of .400 and 1 HR

Brandon Moss OF is hitting .305 with OBP of .416 and 7 HR's

George Kottaras C is hitting .211 with and OBP of .341 and 6 HR's

_________________________________________________
                                Pitcher:
                                The Good
                                David Pauley 30 IP, ERA of 3.00, Whip of 0.93
                                Kason Gabbard 30 IP, ERA of 2.70 Whip of 1.07
                                Devern Hansack 28.2 IP ERA of 3.77 Whip of 1.26
                                Runelvys Hernandez 18.1 IP ERA of 1.47 Whip of 0.76
                                Jon Lester 8 IP ERA of 2.25 Whip of 1.13
                                Craig Breslow 14.2 IP ERA of 1.84 Whip of 0.89
                                The Bad:

Craig Hansen 10 IP ERA of 7.20 Whip of 2.40
                                Edgar Martinez 14 IP ERA of 5.14 Whip of 1.57
                                Bryan Corey 14.1 IP ERA of 6.91 Whip of 1.53
                                Mike Burns 14.1 IP ERA of 6.91 Whip of 1.67
                                Manny Delcarmen 15.2 IP ERA of 6.32 Whip of 1.79
                                Abe Alvarez 25.2 IP ERA of 5.61 Whip of 1.40

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X