3. Michael Bowden
    4. Lars Anderson
    5. Brandon Moss
    6. Justin Masterson
    7. Kris Johnson
    8. David Murphy
    9. Daniel Bard
    10. Bryce Cox (-)

So when do Bowden and Buchholz get promotions?

Comment

Originally posted by winningtheweapon View Post
      Updated Top 10 Prospects from

Bowden get's one today. He was just promoted to AA Portland. He was in Lancaster which (from everything I've read) is a pitchers hell. A very tough park. It will be very interesting to see how he does though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jager View Post
        Bowden get's one today. He was just promoted to AA Portland. He was in Lancaster which (from everything I've read) is a pitchers hell. A very tough park. It will be very interesting to see how he does though.
        Well the killer B's are reunited once more. Although I think Buchholz at the very least will finish the season in Pawtucket. Maybe Bowden too, depending on how he fares in Portland.

Comment

I doubt very much that Bowden will finish in AAA. He won't be 21 until Sept., and there isn't any reason to rush him. Buchholz may finish the year in AAA, but I doubt very much that Bowden will. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Bowden starts next season in AA, and then moving up after about a month or so to AAA. Then possibly a september call up spot start. There isn't any reason to rush those two though. We have a very good, solid rotation, and our AAA pitchers like Gabbard, Hansack, and Hernandez are all doing quite well, so there is no reason at all to rush them.

Comment

Future Rotation:

Beckett
            Matsuzaka
            Lester
            Buchholz
            Bowden

I'd say we can accrue a few championships out of that rotation.
            Last edited by winningtheweapon; 05-14-2007, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I'd say we can dispel a few championships out of that rotation.
              Huh? So you think that rotation will drive away championships or cause possible champsionships to disappear? Or were you saying that your projected rotation will "dispel" champsionships for other teams?

Comment

Probably just a poor choice of a word. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX View Post
                  Huh? So you think that rotation will drive away championships or cause possible champsionships to disappear? Or were you saying that your projected rotation will "dispel" champsionships for other teams?
                  Like Jager said, a poor choice of wording. I edited my post.

Comment

Games for 5/14/07:

AAA- Pawtucket (Kason Gabbard 2-1 3.15) v.s. Toledo (Dennis Tankersley 3-1 4.10) 7:05pm
                    AA - Portland -offday
                    A+ - Lancaster (Mario Pena 1-1 5.84) @ Bakersfield (Edinson Volquez 0-4 7.13) 10:25pm
                    A - Greenville (Ryan Phillips NR) v.s. Augusta (Benjamin Snyder 3-1 1.09) 7:05pm

Comment

Like Jager said, a poor choice of wording. I edited my post.
                      I figured, I was just kidding with you. I should have included a smiley face.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX View Post
                        I figured, I was just kidding with you. I should have included a smiley face.
                        I kind of figured that too, but I'm glad you made me aware of my mistake in wording. I must of had a brain fart. It's good talking to you again XX.

Comment

Future Rotation:

Beckett
                          Matsuzaka
                          Lester
                          Buchholz
                          Bowden

I'd say we can accrue a few championships out of that rotation.
                          with some luck, absolutely. i'm really, really excited over buchholz. his gb:fb ratio is atrocious, but his k's and bb are downright outstanding, and those are the 3 biggies in terms of statistical evaluation of a pitching prospect. and furthermore, fenway (despite its completely unwarranted reputation as a home run hitters park-- i can go on and on about that; about how its whole reputation as a hitters' park is greatly exagerated) will help mitigate that a little bit by light of the fact its hard to hit a ball out of there.

bowden i'm definitely interested in, but the fact of the matter is that 20 year old pitchers that are still in A ball have a lot of time to lessen their ability-- by injury or otherwise-- before they reach the majors. buchholz is getting pretty close though.

any idea on when he'll be reaching AAA? as i mentioned before, i'd have to imagine they want him there by july at least, just as a plan E or F in case schil gets away.

bowden's young enough so that they'll probably take it nice and easy, but buc's at the age where alot of big time prospects are rookies in the bigs, so i'd imagine they want him advancing quickly.
                          Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
                            Many scouts are touting Anderson somewhat...then how did the Red Sox get him that late in the draft?
                            that's what good drafting is lol. anyway, they took him 28th overall didn't they? i'm almost positive they got him in either the first or second round. and there are 50 rounds in the MLB draft. so they got him very early either way, but there was no magic in that pick that i'm aware of, the red sox are just phenomenal drafters (or have been the last 3 years at least).

anderson does excite me a little, especially considering the scarcity of offensive prospects down there. they do have a few--as i've lamented on this thread, they've got to have the best organizational outfield in baseball (meaning when you consider the ml, aaa, aa, a+, a, and a- teams), but that's it. but yeah, it'll be a lot of fun seeing these guys develop.
                            Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Updated Top 10 Prospects from SoxProspects.com:

CHANGES IN BOLD

1. Clay Buchholz (+1)
                              2. Jacoby Ellsbury (-1)
                              3. Michael Bowden
                              4. Lars Anderson
                              5. Brandon Moss
                              6. Justin Masterson
                              7. Kris Johnson
                              8. David Murphy
                              9. Daniel Bard
                              10. Bryce Cox (-)

Those two at the top, Ellsbury and Buchholz, are basically 1 and 1a and are going to go back and forth all season.

I'm expecting a late spot start for Buchholz as a September call-up, may even earn himself multiple if the Red Sox can make the playoffs and clinch early.
                              "He gave the term 'complete' a new meaning. He made the word 'superstar' seem inadequate. He had about him the touch of royalty." - Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn on Roberto Clemente

my blog

4-16-07 RIP Va. Tech 32

Comment

Originally posted by PhilWings24 View Post
                                that's what good drafting is lol. anyway, they took him 28th overall didn't they? i'm almost positive they got him in either the first or second round. and there are 50 rounds in the MLB draft. so they got him very early either way, but there was no magic in that pick that i'm aware of, the red sox are just phenomenal drafters (or have been the last 3 years at least).

anderson does excite me a little, especially considering the scarcity of offensive prospects down there. they do have a few--as i've lamented on this thread, they've got to have the best organizational outfield in baseball (meaning when you consider the ml, aaa, aa, a+, a, and a- teams), but that's it. but yeah, it'll be a lot of fun seeing these guys develop.
                                Anderson dropped because he was asking for a big bonus. I don't think he was taken until about the 4th round. Probably would've been a mid first rounder if not for signability issues.
                                "He gave the term 'complete' a new meaning. He made the word 'superstar' seem inadequate. He had about him the touch of royalty." - Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn on Roberto Clemente

my blog

4-16-07 RIP Va. Tech 32

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X