Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why the Boston media sux...

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...drews_problem/

this is totally uncalled for and he was just waiting to unleash this little gem. The Boston media is not happy until something goes wrong.

While I normally agree that the boston media can be a little too harsh when there's nothing to talk about, I don't think this is one of those times.

Drew was on fire to begin the season, hasn't been hitting well lately and will at some point in the season break out again and start playing better. I think it's the headline that's bothering you because the article is pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sankhara-dukkha View Post
      While I normally agree that the boston media can be a little too harsh when there's nothing to talk about, I don't think this is one of those times.

Drew was on fire to begin the season, hasn't been hitting well lately and will at some point in the season break out again and start playing better. I think it's the headline that's bothering you because the article is pretty solid.
      No columns written by the Boston media deserve praise nor attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Boxer View Post
        http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...drews_problem/

this is totally uncalled for and he was just waiting to unleash this little gem. The Boston media is not happy until something goes wrong.
        Could it be related to the NY media?

Comment

Originally posted by Sankhara-dukkha View Post

I agree. The title is ridiculous and too personal, and I can see why BB got upset by it, but the article isn't entirely rubbish. Many concerns about Drew are based on the money he's getting and the health risk he is, and those are valid. I've certainly voiced my hesitation about this pick-up, but Drew started the season strong, so I let go of my trepidation a little.

Is there anyone here who can honestly say, though, that when J.D. hit that wall you weren't assuming he was going out for a month? I know I did. I just want to see Drew in the game enough to get his bat going again. That's my main concern.
          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I get the feeling that Cafardo is setting up J.D. to be this year's Wily Mo--that is, start griping about the roster move that brought him here. The last I read, Trot is hitting .311 in Cleveland and is fast becoming a veteran leader in their clubhouse.

2007 World Series Champions
            The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon View Post
              The last I read, Trot is hitting .311 in Cleveland and is fast becoming a veteran leader in their clubhouse.
              Trot's currently hitting .287, 2 HRs, 16 RBIs. The team has taken him in as one of their own now.

Damn I miss that guy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X