• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pesky6
    Team Veteran
    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by DoubleX
    I've been to Fenway about a dozen times, and it's a great looking park as long as you're not back in the Grand Stand. I think those are the worst seats I've ever had in baseball. There far away, the seats are tight and small, the poles and the roof abstruct the view, and the seats are pointed towards the opposite outfield corner, so you have to more than 90 degrees to see homeplate.

However, seats anywhere else in Fenway is quite the experience. I particularly like the Fenway bleachers and would one day love to sit atop the monster. I think adding those seats was a terrific addition (same with the seats they added above the right field wall last year).
    Actually, the GS isn't as bad as you think, at least not in my opinion. If you're within the first 5-6 rows the poles don't obstruct your view. I agree that sects. 5-9 have terrible sightlines, and it's not until sect. 10 that you don't have to turn more than 45 degrees in your seat to look at the infield. My season tickets are in sect. 10 and I think they're great! There's no aisle between sect. 10 and 11, so no one blocks your view. also, sect. 10 is the beginning of the outfield GS and is slightly elevated so there's a clear line of sight.

I agree that for someone taller than 5'8", the seating can be cramped, but of all the parks I've been to, Fenway is still my favorite.

Comment

• DoubleX
      Just a Fool
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by pesky6
      Actually, the GS isn't as bad as you think, at least not in my opinion. If you're within the first 5-6 rows the poles don't obstruct your view. I agree that sects. 5-9 have terrible sightlines, and it's not until sect. 10 that you don't have to turn more than 45 degrees in your seat to look at the infield. My season tickets are in sect. 10 and I think they're great! There's no aisle between sect. 10 and 11, so no one blocks your view. also, sect. 10 is the beginning of the outfield GS and is slightly elevated so there's a clear line of sight.

I agree that for someone taller than 5'8", the seating can be cramped, but of all the parks I've been to, Fenway is still my favorite.
      Don't get me wrong, Fenway is beautiful and it's great being in such a throwback park. Baseball feels right there. And you're right about if you're in the front rows of the Grandstand or the IF sections, then you'll be ok. I should have been more specific (i.e. outfield Grand Stand, after the first few rows). Seriously, a matter of a few rows can make a huge difference. I think you can go from some of the best seats in baseball (of which Fenway has a lot), to the worst seats in a matter of a few rows.

Comment

• Yankeebiscuitfan

Originally posted by runningshoes53
        Fenway park could be destroyed by fire and still look better than Yankee Stadium.
        That would be nice. Just make a parking lot for Yankee Stadium out of the area.

Comment

• Yankeebiscuitfan

Must be from a new movie.

Haven't you notice Hollywood has been making Boston the centre of the universe lately?
          Boston we have a problem...

Comment

• RBi
            Is it next year yet?
            • Jan 2005

funny thing is and everyone here might have realized this..

But that picture is making fun of the gapping holes the team has in Center and ShortStop...

All the chat back and forth and no one has commented on that..
            BELIEVE

Comment

• Solair Wright
              Cardinals and MLB fan
              • Sep 2005

One hole is patched up, with the help of Coco Crisp (yep, he's joining us). Now waiting for Lugo to get up here to Boston to fix up that Shortstop hole of ours that Renteria left us.

Comment

• runningshoes
                Saw Yaz launch one in '78
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by CubsHub
                funny thing is and everyone here might have realized this..

But that picture is making fun of the gapping holes the team has in Center and ShortStop...

All the chat back and forth and no one has commented on that..
                I thought some evil scientist/Yankee fan figured out a way to redirect asteroids to hit Fenway. I guess there's a more reasonable explanation.
                "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Yankeebiscuitfan

I thought some evil scientist/Yankee fan figured out a way to redirect asteroids to hit Fenway. I guess there's a more reasonable explanation.
                  I want to learn that too!

Comment

• BoofBonser26
                    Loyal Indians Fan
                    • Aug 2004

I say you take a pole about the polls.
                    CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...